IMG_3528.JPG

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Aaah, my old haunt, Canary Wharf? :-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 pm
Semerka wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 pm Not my cup of tea either, the interior is awfuly bland and 70's like, not a nice place to be.
Seems to me that Tesla are riding the wave of exclusivity at the moment, but will have to up their game in the aesthetics department when other manufacturers catch up with them.
You have hit the nail on the head.

My motors of the late sixties and seventies had interiors for more interesting than any Tesla.
It's a perennial problem with US products. And more broadly US design taste in general. I challenge anyone to name a well designed US car interior.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

goron59 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:15 pm
Cake shop much better.
And has to be a perpetual challenge. 😋😋
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm
Semerka wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 pm Not my cup of tea either, the interior is awfuly bland and 70's like, not a nice place to be.
Seems to me that Tesla are riding the wave of exclusivity at the moment, but will have to up their game in the aesthetics department when other manufacturers catch up with them.

My motors of the late sixties and seventies had interiors for more interesting than any Tesla.
It's a perennial problem with US products. And more broadly US design taste in general. I challenge anyone to name a well designed US car interior.
I admit Mike, I have searched and ouch, most are dire.

Corvette and Caddilac XT5 are the best I could find.

Check out the Chrysler Pacifica for a committee designed interior.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:10 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm

I admit Mike, I have searched and ouch, most are dire.

Corvette and Caddilac XT5 are the best I could find.

Check out the Chrysler Pacifica for a committee designed interior.
The Corvette is getting there but probably about 10 years behind. And the Pacifica has something of the new Velar about the white rimmed wheel.

We rented the US version of the Ford Focus - a Euro car of the year - in 2013. Quite honestly is could possibly be the worst car I have ever been in and/or driven. Apart from anything else the gear ratios were conceived not to accommodate the largely 50 mph speed limit. The slightest sign of an incline and the b*gger changed down and as a consequence the mpg was appalling - not that the Americans would care much about that - and the constant gear changing didn't improve the overall experience.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I slowed down at a roundabout to give way to a Tesla X this morning, the driver accelerated hard around to his right and took off like a scolded cat.

It did not have much body roll around the roundabout and its pick up looked very good.

There was a queue at the next roundabout where I caught him up and clocked that the badge on the back said 90D, so looking up on Google this Model X has similar performance to a Macan Turbo but at way more cash.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 am I slowed down at a roundabout to give way to a Tesla X this morning, the driver accelerated hard around to his right and took off like a scolded cat.

It did not have much body roll around the roundabout and its pick up looked very good.

There was a queue at the next roundabout where I caught him up and clocked that the badge on the back said 90D, so looking up on Google this Model X has similar performance to a Macan Turbo but at way more cash.
He probably wouldn't get very far, though, driving it like that. :lol:
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Dandock wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 am
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 am I slowed down at a roundabout to give way to a Tesla X this morning, the driver accelerated hard around to his right and took off like a scolded cat.

He was probably in a rush to go and charge it before the battery went flat :lol:
GTS 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 am
Dandock wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 am

He was probably in a rush to go and charge it before the battery went flat :lol:
😂😂