Tesla model X

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Had the chance today to get a close look at the Tesla X.

Was actually quite impressed with the fit and finish of the motor. Not the quality of materials we are used to but similar to BMW and Jaguar but ahead of Mercedes.

The iPad Pro sized display is huge and the rest of the cabin is totally uncluttered.

Overheard the Sales person answering the question a guy asked about the range and they said over 400miles with the largest capacity battery.

image.jpg

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

Just looked on the Tesla configurator, with the biggest battery pack the price is £133k with basic battery £70.5k and mid sized battery £90.5k, I think I will pass on ordering one.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I had a nose at one a few weeks ago as i was going past one of their popup shops.
Same conclusion that the quality is good but nothing more than that.
Its bloody expensive too once you spec it up. :o

Not my cup of tea but think they will sell a few. Certainly not as many as the S or 3...

What the sales guy didn't tell them is their battery millage is really based on perfect scenarios and driving at 50mph.
Many Tesla owners complain (on their closed community) they never get near the relevant mileage they are expecting.

No different to Petrol/Diesel MPG figures printed by manufacturers which we cant get in the real world though i suppose...
GTS 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

400 miles!? Is that downhill? Even the brochure says 351 miles. Maybe he meant 400km (248 miles, about what the 75kWh battery gives)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

A friend of mine took delivery of one a month ago. He's got the 100KWh battery. It easily gets him from London to North Devon non-stop. The irony is he can't drive, so his other half gets the pleasure.

The falcon wing doors are a very nice gimmick - they look great and the open/close action is very smooth. But you can't help wondering how long before something goes wrong with them...
pj191k89
VanB

Post by VanB »

I wasn't at all impressed when I looked at one - not at that price and probably not at 50% less. Bland and then some and totally lacking in any form of luxury. Combine that with a real world range of 150-180 miles it just doesn't stack up sadly but massive progress is being made. I suspect it will be a different manufacturer that nails the EV market eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Not my cup of tea ☕️ at all, Col, but thanks for sharing. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Passed a couple of these on the road recently and they are massive
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Not my cup of tea either, the interior is awfuly bland and 70's like, not a nice place to be.
Seems to me that Tesla are riding the wave of exclusivity at the moment, but will have to up their game in the aesthetics department when other manufacturers catch up with them.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Semerka wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 pm Not my cup of tea either, the interior is awfuly bland and 70's like, not a nice place to be.
Seems to me that Tesla are riding the wave of exclusivity at the moment, but will have to up their game in the aesthetics department when other manufacturers catch up with them.
You have hit the nail on the head.

My motors of the late sixties and seventies had interiors for more interesting than any Tesla.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

There were a couple of these parked in Milton Keynes shopping centre (at the Tesla charging bays) the other day. They are interesting in a novelty sort of way, but for £133K I think there are many better options!