Tesla model X

The place to discuss everything else..
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

And if you switched it over really quick maybe they'd end up paying for yours!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

happy days

Post by happy days »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:11 am And if you switched it over really quick maybe they'd end up paying for yours!
I thought public charge points were currently free? I don't recall seeing any payment method on them, but I must look closer next time.

In fact I have only ever seen one car a Nisssan Leaf, being charged in a public space. Outside Belfast IKEA about three years ago. I really was tempted to unplug it...
Macan S D
718 S
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yes, some are free I believe but I bet they won't be for long!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

happy days wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:24 am
I thought public charge points were currently free? I don't recall seeing any payment method on them, but I must look closer next time.
The general charge points I've seen in our local town recently are pay by credit card and there is some app you can download to pay directly on your dumb-phone. I don't know about the Tesla ones, I presumed they were free.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pay/free.

One thing is certain they will all be pay in time.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Tesla is free for model S and X upto a certain limit. The model 3 is expressly not free. Details on the Tesla website, but for extra fun, go to a dealer and grill them.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I had a nosey around a Model X the other day while out shopping in Milton Keynes. The dealership is actually in the shopping centre. I was impressed with some of the features (novelty gull-wing doors and the modular seating) but I wasn't that impressed with the quality of finish and choice of materials. The show car was in white leather (seemed quite artificial) and was already looking very grubby. Probably a lot more practical in black, but didn't seem like a very hard wearing finish all the same. The interior seemed more like a trendy boutique internet cafe than a car, which I suppose is something different.

Anyway my interest dropped considerably at the price for a battery spec that I could live with, which is probably a good thing as I don't really trust Tesla in the same way I do more established brands. I can't see myself choosing this over something more sensible like a Volvo XC90 or a new Cayenne. To be honest it would have to be considerably cheaper than the established high end SUV options to consider. The fact that it's pretty much the most expensive option of all kills it dead for me. This is one for the uber-rich who are happy to experiment with leading edge tech just for the hell of it! I'm happy to close my own doors and save maybe £50K+ in the process.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:50 pm This is one for the uber-rich who are happy to experiment with leading edge tech just for the hell of it!
+1

A retired friend does some ad hoc chauffeuring for some local monied businessman. Said businessman, after having being impressed at their quietness whilst on a trip to Japan, has just bought a top-of-range Tesla - on a whim - just cos he can!

My friend is dreading the potential and predictable range anxiety. Regular business meeting journeys from Cheltenham to London - a 200 mile-ish round trip he's asking himself will it last the course even with a quick top up? And what will be effect on the range of winter - wipers, heated windscreens, aircon, de-misting etc. As for the longer ones? I'll report back as and when.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
happy days

Post by happy days »

Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm
Peteski wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:50 pm This is one for the uber-rich who are happy to experiment with leading edge tech just for the hell of it!
I'll report back as and when.
Even better - get your friend to log on here and post the reports directly!
Macan S D
718 S
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

happy days wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:17 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm
I'll report back as and when.
Even better - get your friend to log on here and post the reports directly!
I'll ask him at the next opportunity.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀