Z4

The place to discuss everything else..
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Concept, but I quite like it. Very un-BMW, which can only be a good thing :)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/conc ... g-roadster

bmw-z4-2017-0081.jpg

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Will never happen in the form shown.

The front end looks far to dangerous to make it into production, looks like any pedestrian being hit by it has a good chance of feet being amputated at ankle height.

Its a Z4 therefore its main engine and the one aimed at the masses will be the lowest of the low 2.0 litre.

The Mazda MX5 RF looks a far better motor, shame that Mazda have yet to give it some serious grunt.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I'm not so sure Col.

Plenty of cars are that low, including the MX-5.
The "conceptness" means the windscreen and roll protection will be different (says so in the linked article).

Power? "internal BMW document" says expected I4 in 180/240 trims and I6 at 355. Seems obvious to me, it's what the market expects and fits the engines BMW already have.

Mass market? really? There are way more Boxsters sold than Z4s so I don't think so.

I think your prejudices are peeping through. Complain about low nose, lack of power and mass market, yet say the MX-5 is far better?

Personally, I think the main problem will be its size. It's going to be a lot bigger than the old one, and the Supra version might be a bit cooler.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
happy days

Post by happy days »

I think the Mazda philosophy is to make good balanced cars without resorting to big power plants. Every time they come up with a revision, the power and engine size stays about the same as previous models. My brother had one and I found it to be rather soulless. And everyone raves on about how precise the steering is, but I found it vague at best and was constantly correcting it even in a straight line. I actually got out at one stage to see if it had a flat tyre. It really was that bad. Mind you, it might have been his tyre choice!
Macan S D
718 S
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

What does Honest John say..? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
happy days

Post by happy days »

Sidscott wrote: ↑Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:41 am What does Honest John say..? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Probably buy a Kia or Hyundai instead. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I saw that on Top Gear website last night and I do like it. :-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I am not a BMW fan but i must say that looks nice.
Very nice...
GTS πŸ˜€
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Don't like it meself, but then I've never liked the Z4, or BMW much, come to think of it..........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The Beamer Z cars in the UK will be bought by the offspring of the XR3i generation.

Whilst I am no fan of Mercs they do make sports cars that look far better than what BMW produce.

Concept cars are one thing, making them another, even Peugeot can come up with a stunning design that blows BMWs effort out of the water.

IMG_2710.JPG

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags