iPhone X

The place to discuss everything else..
happy days

Post by happy days »

According to the keynote, you can even grow a beard, or stubble or wear specs and it will tell. I was wondering about that myself as I have loads and loads of different glasses that I wear out. Immaterial anyway, as at a grand it ain't doing it for me.
Macan S D
718 S

VanB

Post by VanB »

I can't see any justification for the price premium and there are no compelling changes to make it worth upgrading. No doubt Apple fanboys will queue up to buy one but I'm totally underwhelmed and my current phone does everything I need it to do.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Retired

Post by Retired »

VanB wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:34 pm I can't see any justification for the price premium and there are no compelling changes to make it worth upgrading. No doubt Apple fanboys will queue up to buy one but I'm totally underwhelmed and my current phone does everything I need it to do.
Agree,

Don't think any phone, Android or Ios, has introduced any significant new features for several years.

I use two phones to keep two aspects of my live separate. One is an HTC M9 and the other an iPhone 5s. I prefer the Android phone but wouldn't mind if I had to use an iPhone full time.

Don't have phones on contract anymore. Prefer to buy the phone and then get a SIM only deal. Will probably keep the HTC beyond the usual 2 yr contract as I can't see any compelling reason to change.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

VanB wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:34 pm I can't see any justification for the price premium and there are no compelling changes to make it worth upgrading. No doubt Apple fanboys will queue up to buy one but I'm totally underwhelmed and my current phone does everything I need it to do.
I'm sure there are fanbois that would say the same about a Porsche with £10k of options when their current Vauxhall Corsa does everything they need.

At least if you buy a Corsa, you'll have spare money to buy an overpriced phone :lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

goron59 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm
I'm sure there are fanbois that would say the same about a Porsche with £10k of options when their current Vauxhall Corsa does everything they need.

At least if you buy a Corsa, you'll have spare money to buy an overpriced phone :lol:
You are possibly not being fair to the Vauxhall as I know some of the new Astras have built in wifi which I don't remember any of our Macans having :lol:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I thought Connect Plus did give you built in wifi? I have it in my car as my nieces are always connecting to it and using up my data watching YouTube clips when in the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 pm I thought Connect Plus did give you built in wifi? I have it in my car as my nieces are always connecting to it and using up my data watching YouTube clips when in the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, not that anybody cares.
Yep, mine has built-in WiFi.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Mine is obviously the poor edition :D
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Connect Plus cost me £801 on my option list.
Makes an iPhoneX look like a bargain.
VanB

Post by VanB »

goron59 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:06 pm Connect Plus cost me £801 on my option list.
Makes an iPhoneX look like a bargain.
Now that's a fact!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate