Frankfurt Motor Show - Mercedes

The place to discuss everything else..
Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith »

DTD is where I saw the class at sub 18k , I'm still waiting for a 3 series at that price from you.

Is a troll someone that disagrees with you?

What don't I get? That I can't disagree with you because you've got the longest list of cars in your signature !!

Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

Last post on the subject...

You stated that Mercedes were at huge discounts and implied they were much larger than other manufacturers. I stated that they are no bigger than other manufacturers based on extensive contacts rather than off one website. I then have demonstrated that the % size of discount on one website was in fact the same for BMW and Mercedes. I have also said that I can get a larger discount on a BMW. All of which is fact. You insist on referencing an absolute price - the relevant size of a discount is a % not an absolute value.

A troll is someone who doesn't listen and repeatedly spams the same, usually proven incorrect, statements.

I don't mind at all if folks disagree with an opinion but you are seemingly disagreeing with the facts which I have previously posted...ie saying I am lying about information. That would make you a troll. I can assure you I am not lying...I don't care which is cheaper or which has the largest discount...I am not going to be buying mainstream models of either nor am I affiliated to either. I have owned a lot of BMWs in the past which is why I have good contacts and therefore good discounts...which I certainly wouldn't be sharing with a troll.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Well I'd say DTD prices are a very good guide to what people can expect to pay if they don't have any "special" contacts. It's rare IME for a local dealer to go any lower than DTD. More often than not they won't even match DTD prices, but usually close enough to avoid the inconvenience of buying from a dealer further away.

As for BMW discounts, our local dealer Principal often talks about highly subsidised lease deals on specific models from time to time to meet factory targets, and I have to say they are very cheap. I don't look at Mercs, but I would imagine it's a very similar story. Such commonly available discounting practice hurts residuals a little for sure, which is why neither brand has such strong residuals as they once did.

Porsche are almost unique in not getting involved in this discount game and it certainly helps the stellar residuals.
Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith »

You’ve taken the words right out of my mouth:

I can't stand uneducated comments like this

Do we have our first troll?

Some people just don't get it.

A troll is someone who doesn't listen and repeatedly spams the same, usually proven incorrect, statements.

The best bit has to be that you now

don't care which is cheaper or which has the largest discount

I am not going to be buying mainstream models of either – I hope all of your “special” contacts aren’t too disappointed!!