Lewis Hamilton

The place to discuss everything else..
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

I'd consider becoming a vegan if it would guarantee I could drive as well as him!
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric

Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

bigbaldybloke wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:21 am I'd consider becoming a vegan if it would guarantee I could drive as well as him!
Becoming a vegan might affect his stamina and even his ability to drive competitevly for long periods. A great friend of mine disappeared in a Hawker Hunter over the North Sea in 1960. One of the suspected causes was lack of food. He was a vegetarian and proud of the fact he could survive on a daily lettuce sandwich. His nickname was Veg.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Well, you can absolutely be nutritionally complete as a vegan, especially if you have have the money to throw at a sports nutritionist.

Having read what he's actually said, he does seem pretty ignorant about it, but he's ever conscious of his fanbase, so speaks before he thinks (hence an utter twat).

On the other hand, he has been pescatarian (he claims) for about 2 years and spent his entire time in Singapore on a vegetarian diet.

I guess, you need a bit more than a "lettuce sandwich," but that would have been obvious even in the 60s.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

goron59 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:21 pm Excellent driver. Utter twat.
+1
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Thamaturge

Post by Thamaturge »

Subscribers may be guilty of being harsh on an impressive young man. I believe that most young men are guilty of saying odd things now and again and occasionally doing even odder things. Some of things that I said and done when I was young makes me cringe even now when I think about them. So, be gentle with Lewis especially given that journalists are very likely to misquote him, be economical with the context within which he made his statements and perhaps down right dishonest with regard to completeness of some of his alleged quotes. And, lets continue to celebrate his success.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

+1. Seems to me that we don't have enough great British sports people. I think he's quite an intriguing character and this latest post is just one of his many quirks. I hope he hangs on for the title this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
happy days

Post by happy days »

I wish I was a couple of quid behind him!
Macan S D
718 S
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Yes a great F1 driver but his remark about not driving in California because 91 year old Mel Brookes drives a Macan Turbo there does him no credit and shows little respect for older people
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Thamaturge wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:13 pm Subscribers may be guilty of being harsh on an impressive young man. I believe that most young men are guilty of saying odd things now and again and occasionally doing even odder things. Some of things that I said and done when I was young makes me cringe even now when I think about them. So, be gentle with Lewis especially given that journalists are very likely to misquote him, be economical with the context within which he made his statements and perhaps down right dishonest with regard to completeness of some of his alleged quotes. And, lets continue to celebrate his success.
You make it sound like a civic duty.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Thamaturge

Post by Thamaturge »

It is.