EVs to be banned!

The place to discuss everything else..
goron59

Post by goron59 »

johnd wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm Interesting interview with Matthias Müller (VW Group CEO) which is hopefully on-topic for the spirit of this thread:

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/exc ... ture-plans

To pull out one paragraph:

Müller on…

Future diesels:

“We believe they will continue to sell. First, they’re clean. Second, we need them to meet CO2 targets. Third, they suit a lot of customers. So we will go on promoting diesels, although perhaps not for the smallest models. We will invest in a new diesel generation, too, in about 2019 or 2020.”
Yes, diesel has always only made any kind of sense for hauling heavy loads at relatively low speeds (HGVs, commercial vehicles, big SUVs).
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Guy

Post by Guy »

^ :lol:
johnd

Post by johnd »

goron59 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm Yes, diesel has always only made any kind of sense for hauling heavy loads at relatively low speeds (HGVs, commercial vehicles, big SUVs).
Just like Macan, I presume you mean ;)
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
happy days

Post by happy days »

johnd wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:24 pm
Dandock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:09 am The big question is once we're all driving EVs where is the £50 billion (7% of the annual tax intake) in tax going to come from?
I guess it will simply be substituted by some new tax, either direct or indirect :) . The tax base is always changing and evolving - presumably the tax take from tobacco is significantly less than it used to be for instance. I suspect that there will be more wealth taxes in future, but that just IMO of course. Very possible the tax on premium cars will be jacked up further :twisted:
I was watching an episode of Yes, Prime Minster the other night on Netflix. It was the one where one of the ministers wanted to ban tobacco advertising, put pictures of diseases on the packets, ban smoking indoors and jack up the price per packet to double what it was. Imagine that! And only 25 years ago, too!
Macan S D
718 S
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Could be an emerging market for Horse Power ( Steptoe Type) even these have emissions bet the Gardeners would welcome that.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

macview19 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 pm Could be an emerging market for Horse Power ( Steptoe Type) even these have emissions bet the Gardeners would welcome that.
Isn't it the amount of cowsh1t and it's methane one of the driving forces of the Vegan movement. Or is horse gas healthy? 🤢
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀