Impressed

The place to discuss everything else..
Spud

Post by Spud »

Was in my OPC today for the wheel centres to be exchanged and they were just setting up for the Panamera Sport Turismo launch, what a beautiful looking car, first impression why would you buy the normal hatchback when you have this option , love at first site ;)
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Spud wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm Was in my OPC today for the wheel centres to be exchanged and they were just setting up for the Panamera Sport Turismo launch, what a beautiful looking car, first impression why would you buy the normal hatchback when you have this option , love at first site ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
microbe

Post by microbe »

Spud wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm Was in my OPC today for the wheel centres to be exchanged and they were just setting up for the Panamera Sport Turismo launch, what a beautiful looking car, first impression why would you buy the normal hatchback when you have this option , love at first site ;)
I take it you are not serious. I went to the Mid Sussex presentation on Wednesday and up close it looks quite ungainly. Too big and impractical. I cannot believe that anyone would spend over £100k on such a car.
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
Spud

Post by Spud »

microbe wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 pm
I take it you are not serious. I went to the Mid Sussex presentation on Wednesday and up close it looks quite ungainly. Too big and impractical. I cannot believe that anyone would spend over £100k on such a car.
No I really liked it, thankfully we all have different likes but I really liked the rear end especially, sorry 🙁 but I agree I wouldn’t spend that sort of money on one
GTS Delivered April 2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. I like it too! As you say, we all like different things. Some have said the Sport Turismo is more attractive than the saloon version, and one of the best looking 'estate cars' ever! Some are less impressed with the looks! :shock:

Had it been available when I ordered my Panamera, I may well have been tempted. But I do like the '911' style rear end of mine, and it's big enough for my needs. :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

I can see why the sport tourismo would appeal to some people but the new style Panamera is, IMO, a very well sorted car looks wise (and probably drive wise but have never driven one). The ST I think detracts from those looks but gives a greater degree of practicality. It’s going to be a winner for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

I like the look of it, but it is too long for me.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

What's 9.5 inches between friends?! :lol:

Seriously though, since getting my Panamera, I have found it surprisingly easy to drive around, including parking. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 pm +1. I like it too! As you say, we all like different things. Some have said the Sport Turismo is more attractive than the saloon version, and one of the best looking 'estate cars' ever! Some are less impressed with the looks! :shock:

Had it been available when I ordered my Panamera, I may well have been tempted. But I do like the '911' style rear end of mine, and it's big enough for my needs. :D
When you look at the rear quarter it does look like a lowered Macan if you get my drift, I hope when the Gen 2 Macan come out they have the spoiler within the spoiler as I liked that 😉
GTS Delivered April 2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 pm What's 9.5 inches between friends?! :lol:

Seriously though, since getting my Panamera, I have found it surprisingly easy to drive around, including parking. :)
Presume that’s a blokes 9.5 inches 😉 I really do think the Panamera is a very underrated car, I had the Hybrid for a week and was really impressed how good it was and like you say easy to drive and park 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018