Jaguar E Pace

The place to discuss everything else..
Spud

Post by Spud »

Took up my local Jaguar Dealerships invite to view the new E Pace today, very nice looking car, good size and the interior is very interesting, don’t like the plastic trims around the wheel arch but overall I felt the quality was good, feel it’s a better looking car than the F Pace, worked their configurator I reckon it would be around £10,000 less than what I would spec the GTS at, got back in my Macan and the £10,000 difference is worth it 😜
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I went from test driving an F Pace to a Macan. As we all know the Macan is worth the extra, about £5k in my case. Its the iPace I want to see, looks good on paper, but charging infrastructure too unreliable yet.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I like the exterior look and the interior looks better than the FPace.

249bhp max power so far so again Jaguar are not aiming at the performance market, looks like yet another one aimed shopping trolley or school run SUV market.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:12 pm I went from test driving an F Pace to a Macan. As we all know the Macan is worth the extra, about £5k in my case. Its the iPace I want to see, looks good on paper, but charging infrastructure too unreliable yet.
Ditto and couldn't agree more.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Spud

Post by Spud »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 pm I like the exterior look and the interior looks better than the FPace.

249bhp max power so far so again Jaguar are not aiming at the performance market, looks like yet another one aimed shopping trolley or school run SUV market.
Without sounding “sexist” that is exactly what I said to Mrs Spud “you would look good in that “ 😜, it really is a nice looking car and will sell well, but I genuinely believe it will appeal more to school run driving, sorry to sound sexist etc.
Last edited by Spud on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTS Delivered April 2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:12 pm I went from test driving an F Pace to a Macan. As we all know the Macan is worth the extra, about £5k in my case. Its the iPace I want to see, looks good on paper, but charging infrastructure too unreliable yet.
That’s going to be the problem, I’m all for stepping outside the circle but I’m not convinced by the electric rush, we need so much more investment to make it all viable, 2040 won’t worry me but I just can’t see how we are going to achieve the demand unless we get major investment
GTS Delivered April 2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

EPace is just another ordinary SUV in an already crowded market. I don't see the point really.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Peteski wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am EPace is just another ordinary SUV in an already crowded market. I don't see the point really.
Market demand and profit
GTS Delivered April 2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Spud wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 pm
Peteski wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am EPace is just another ordinary SUV in an already crowded market. I don't see the point really.
Market demand and profit
I meant for the potential buyer. I understand JLR wanting a slice of the action in this market.