NFU Insurance

The place to discuss everything else..
Spud

Post by Spud »

Does anyone know if NFU use Porsche Recommended companies if claim/repairs are needed, do they use their own repair companies or can you request a specific one ?
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1

Paul

Post by Paul »

Spud wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:45 pm Does anyone know if NFU use Porsche Recommended companies if claim/repairs are needed, do they use their own repair companies or can you request a specific one ?
Specific question I asked my NFU broker - I can choose my repairer (you can anyway; it’s you’re right to choose the repairer but you may have to work a little harder with some insurance companies and possibly loose loan cars etc...)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

Paul wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:03 pm
Spud wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:45 pm Does anyone know if NFU use Porsche Recommended companies if claim/repairs are needed, do they use their own repair companies or can you request a specific one ?
Specific question I asked my NFU broker - I can choose my repairer (you can anyway; it’s you’re right to choose the repairer but you may have to work a little harder with some insurance companies and possibly loose loan cars etc...)
Thanks Paul, had an unfortunate incident with a Dog so just waiting to see if owners will pay before speaking to Insurance ☹️
GTS Delivered April 2018
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

I'm with NFU and my rear end damage was superbly repaired by JCT 600 near Bradford.
I'd bought my macan from JCT and wanted it to go back to them.
NFU suggested them straight away.
The only thing I hadn't realised was my Insurance only entitled me to a bog standard runaround.
I was pleasantly surprised when JCT loaned me a BMW 116D 5 door for the week.
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
Spud

Post by Spud »

bilun777 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:07 am I'm with NFU and my rear end damage was superbly repaired by JCT 600 near Bradford.
I'd bought my macan from JCT and wanted it to go back to them.
NFU suggested them straight away.
The only thing I hadn't realised was my Insurance only entitled me to a bog standard runaround.
I was pleasantly surprised when JCT loaned me a BMW 116D 5 door for the week.
Thanks, my OPC use Chartwell @ Derby , I’m booked in on Tuesday for damage estimate, if the Dog owners can’t pay then I will have to go through NFU , never had to use Insurers in 45+ years of motoring so I’m a bit “green”
GTS Delivered April 2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Spud, it would pay to check with NFU regarding your no claims discount (protected?) as if the dog owners can’t / won’t pay then the claim will be on your record against you and may affect next year’s premium.
Some companies have “uninsured driver” protection but I’m not sure about NFU.
Last edited by Paul on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

I've got a protected no claims with the NFU, the uninsured driver cover is backed by ABI or similar iirc.

They certainly used to allow you to choose repairer but I think you only guarantee a courtesy car with their preferred repairers, could be worth reading your policy document.

It's 20 years since my last big claim so rusty on the details, but still well in credit!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Spud

Post by Spud »

Paul wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 am Spud, it would pay to check with NFU regarding your no claims discount (protected?) as if the dog owners can’t / won’t pay then the claim with be on your record against you and may affect next year’s premium.
Some companies have “uninsured driver” protection but I’m not sure about NFU.
Thanks Paul, I’ve got protected no claims, I’ve got a feeling when they see the estimate they will be taken back, not sure if they could claim on House Insurance liability if they haven’t got pet insurance, which I doubt, as I say it’s all new to me ☹️
GTS Delivered April 2018
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Unless you have any legal recourse against the dog owners I suspect it is highly unlikely that they will volunteer payment.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Ian.g wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:52 pm Unless you have any legal recourse against the dog owners I suspect it is highly unlikely that they will volunteer payment.
Have to say Ian I am of the same mindset as you☹️ The Dog was not on a lead on a main road, will just have to see how it pans out.
GTS Delivered April 2018