new 911T

The place to discuss everything else..
spook

Post by spook »

I seem to have two messages in my outbox and I don't know if they have been sent or how to send them one to you and one to VanB.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(

VanB

Post by VanB »

Got it Spook
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 am Although I bet that most buyers add back in the PCM! ;)
I agree - I guess it depends on your philosophy for having the car; for the purpose of transportation versus for driving ;) and all the shades of grey between
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

Spook, I suggest you call Richard Graham at Porsche Belfast. They had a very nice 2s ( can’t remember if it was agate grey or silver) in the showroom when I picked up my car about a month ago. I think he said than it might be their next demonstrator but if so it should have low mileage and some extras and you may get a discount as it’s technically a “used” car.

Plus Belfast and surrounding area are a great place for a short holiday!!
happy days

Post by happy days »

DandyDon wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 pm Spook, I suggest you call Richard Graham at Porsche Belfast. They had a very nice 2s ( can’t remember if it was agate grey or silver) in the showroom when I picked up my car about a month ago. I think he said than it might be their next demonstrator but if so it should have low mileage and some extras and you may get a discount as it’s technically a “used” car.

Plus Belfast and surrounding area are a great place for a short holiday!!
Richard is a top lad.
Macan S D
718 S
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I must be one of the few people cursing the impending introduction of the 992. I was hoping to put in an order late 2018 for a mid 2019 delivery of a 991.2 C2 but looks like orders may well stop sometime next year in readiness for the new model.

I suppose a used low mileage car will have to do but given how well they are holding their price, wil take some of the shine off it. You can’t beat that new car feeling and the PEC of course
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
VanB

Post by VanB »

I was told by the dealer late 2019 for the 992. Problem apparently is that the T and the GTS have taken production slots so they are building fewer C2s (and all of the other flavours). Apparently the GTS accounts for 20-25% of all 911 sales so production of that has cannibalised other sales and they expect the T to be a big seller too.
spook

Post by spook »

From my recent conversations with 9 OPC's, each one told me something.
Porsche are reducing the 911 quotas by 20% in 2018.
The factory will stop sports car production for 3 months May, June & July
Porsche vehicle planning advise there are currently Qty 40 (inc mine) C2 cash deposits.
One OPC advised me Porsche vehicle planning had advised them accept a cash deposit but they cannot guarantee a build.
Porsche are reducing certain 911 models (C2?) and increasing GTS's and T's.
Porsche vehicle planning are advising there is now a 12 month wait for C2S

In my quest for a new C2 I have been offered a Jan 25th C2S build (not what I want) and a cancelled C2 factory order (last week) which was too early for me and not specced to my liking. I also find the approved C2's in the system do not have all of my must haves too fussy I suppose and I'm a bit sad because I have only bought new cars since 1985 (about every 2 years, 1st one was a VW Sirocco).

After my 18 month wait for Petrol S Macan I have thought long and hard about this, If I don't get a C2 build slot for April or May (I'm apparently top of my OPC list and should know in mid/late December) looks like its off to Audi for an RS3 Sportwagen ( 4 month lead-time or 7 if you have a special colour !) . I know, but it's faster than a 911 GTS and it'll save me £39K and that RS Exhaust option !!!!!

The 718's are not for me and Panamera won't go in my garage.
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
VanB

Post by VanB »

Spook - keep holding out and I am sure you will get a slot. What's so fussy about your spec as a matter of interest?
spook

Post by spook »

Really needs to be

GT Silver or White
if its white it has to have SD mirrors as I hate the black plastic at the bottom of the mirrors and the reason why I had SD mirrors , SD bodyKit and coloured side blades on the Macan, IMO the black just shows up more on the white, with GT silver the black plastic does not seem to stand out as much.

Black Interior

PDK

Reversing Camera

Cruise or ACC, cruise can apparently be retrofitted for around £500 - £650 but the SE did not exactly know as the service department was closed..

20" Carrera wheels in black complete with G C.

Minimum PDSL Xenons

PSE (black) Don't like the standard exhaust tips and £554 for bolt on sports pipes is not for me, I would rather pay the extra for PSE

The C2 cancelled build i was offered was white with black leather, No cruise, No camera, Carrera Classics (wrong colour), No PDSL and the sports tailpipes (crome) and some things I don't really want.
BOSE
14 way seats ( Mrs spook and i use the same driving position) we had 14 way memory etc on the Macan, once set never used again !
ISOfix child sets ( front)
Electrically folding mirrors (never used them on the Macan)

At £87,261 it was a bit cheaper than my build but the overall aesthetic look was not what were looking for, it was not moody enough for us.