Moto GP

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 pm Except that there's only been two different winners in the past 6 years and, apart from one win for Suzuki and one for Ducati, just two different manufacturers, Honda & Yamaha, in 24 years!

So, yes, far from predictable.
I think you may be missing the point.

MotoGP is racing where overtakes are by skill and daring and not by mechanical or electrical aids.

The winner is not as predictable as Hamilton 70% Vettel 25% rest 5%

Formula1 is Playstation by comparison.

There are four engine manufacturers in the mix (Honda, Yamaha, Ducatti and Suzuki) with other up and coming.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Yes I know, Col. I'm just messing about. I'm also aware of F1 shortcomings.

I think Lewis summed it up quite well yesterday when he criticised the proposed reduction in the number of engines/per season. What made his race in Brazil so impressive was a new engine. One that he could drive flat out for the duration. If F1 drivers were allowed to race instead of spending most of the race in preservation mode then it would be a whole lot more like Moto.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀