Diesel decline - premature?

The place to discuss everything else..
Guy

Post by Guy »

Peteski wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 am I meant in Germany, I know you can still buy one here because the UK government decided not to get involved. I thought the German govt had banned their registration over there.

The link was to Porsche Germany, perhaps it auto-redirects for you. It is still listed on the German website - whether it's available for purchase is another matter.

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

As I understand it, the German govt banned registration of all Macan and Cayenne diesels using the Audi V6 when they discovered the emissions cheating software sometime in the summer and I haven't read anything since about re-instating certification once the cheat software was removed. I believe all German registered Macan diesels were recalled for a mandatory software update, but it was voluntary in the UK and no ban on registration over here. Frankly, they deserve all the bad press they're getting over this situation.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Yes, strange then that both Cayenne and Macan Diesels are still listed on their own country's configurator, some 4 months later. Perhaps they fixed it but didn't want to make a big song and dance about it, for fear of further bad press.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I read an interesting article in the Times yesterday. Apparently VW/Audi are blaming uk customers for pollution issues,because they have not taken there car back for the emissions fix (Ruin!) as the uk government failed to make it compulsory to do so, unlike other countries..
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Deleted User 1874

Guy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:51 am Yes, strange then that both Cayenne and Macan Diesels are still listed on their own country's configurator, some 4 months later. Perhaps they fixed it but didn't want to make a big song and dance about it, for fear of further bad press.
The whole sorry issue seems to have been swept under the carpet. Which is not that surprising actually. But looking ahead to the near future, is there ever going to be a new Cayenne diesel and will the facelift Macan even have a diesel option? It kind of looks pretty doubtful to me.
Deleted User 1874

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:06 am I read an interesting article in the Times yesterday. Apparently VW/Audi are blaming uk customers for pollution issues,because they have not taken there car back for the emissions fix (Ruin!) as the uk government failed to make it compulsory to do so, unlike other countries..
If that's true, then it's pretty shameful. Also puts you in a dilemma as an owner, knowing that you are driving around in a car with emissions cheating software. It wasn't your fault of course, but you are now aware of the issue. The reality of course is that most people don't actually give a shit about emissions on a personal level, they can only think about cost and performance. I'm guilty of that too, but I don't think I could buy another diesel at this point.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Basically the point of the article... but then reports also VW/Audi group have paid no fines in the uk as opposed to United States... so blame the customers why don’t you!.. our government has been weak on this , Mr khan (mayor of London) put a bill of 1.6 million together in regards to penalty charges for falsifying emissions to The Vw group, in regards to the congestion charge, and guess what ....
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I think the biggest issue with EU6 or any of the targets was that they are unrealistic and unachievable in real life driving so "all" the car manufacturers came up with ways to get around them. Some it seemed cheated more than others, but they were all at it to one extent or another. Although diesels nowadays are a world away from the smoke belchers of only a few years ago so when no one bothered to measure emissions and air quality.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... iesel.html

Can I stress I am not a daily mail reader, it was posted on a Bike forum but I thought I would stir the pot a bit
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:06 am I read an interesting article in the Times yesterday. Apparently VW/Audi are blaming uk customers for pollution issues,because they have not taken there car back for the emissions fix (Ruin!) as the uk government failed to make it compulsory to do so, unlike other countries..

It's possibly more interesting from this forum's perspective that Porsche are looking for €200m compensation from Audi.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-audi- ... KKBN1CB1XI
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀