Diesel decline - premature?

The place to discuss everything else..
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Hope that means that all diesel Macan owners are able to return their cars for a full refund , if they choose to, or to get some compensation. But I guess the so called fix will cover Porsche not to.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

andreas

Post by andreas »

I'm becoming more pleased that I decided to order a petrol S...
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Guy

Post by Guy »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 am Hope that means that all diesel Macan owners are able to return their cars for a full refund , if they choose to, or to get some compensation. But I guess the so called fix will cover Porsche not to.
So what are we referring to by the 'so called fix'? Is it: 'Re-program DME control unit - campaign number WG22' or is there something else?
Mike and his Macan

I understand it as the Fix that fixed the fix....I think the code was .... “Broken”😉
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith »

Let's see what the budget delivers
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

andreas wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:48 am I'm becoming more pleased that I decided to order a petrol S...
You should be. I cancelled my order for an SD, which I thought was a great car, for a petrol S which I love to bits. It has the added bonus of better performance and a great sound without all the worries that go with a diesel.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 am Hope that means that all diesel Macan owners are able to return their cars for a full refund , if they choose to, or to get some compensation. But I guess the so called fix will cover Porsche not to.
.?? Why.....??

.??Compensation for what....???

Nowhere in the UK has any illegality been shown or proven.....(huge immorality I grant you.)

The cars tested have passed the EU emissions test as prescribed; that the test is flawed is for the EU to repair ......(don’t mix up EU law and US litigation.)

No clearly demonstrable financial hardship for any UK owner.......

(I feel like a good stir tonight!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

Yes they passed the test.., With the cheat device fitted... so that’s a pass then. Compensation is due if you are sold something that is not fit for purpose.... or you have been lied to, and leads you to believe you have purchased said item... which is fit for purpose.it’s quite simple really . Just think if you had bought a Vw /Audi in The states... I’m sure you would feel very different. As for compensation it’s all ready happened with customers on this forum having there Macan Diesel swapped for another variant ... that in itself is a admission... only today I have read on this forum in DPF problems... requiring a Customer ( proud no doubt) having to carry out a 50 min drive to clear his DPF filter etc ... was he told he would have to do this at point of sale , no he was not. Misleading people is unforgivable no doubt on what is there second most valuable item they buy. However the good news is that is all fixed!!
Paul

Post by Paul »

DPF regeneration issues and cheat devices are wholly separate issues,

(and “fit for purpose” was replaced by “merchantable quality” and then “acceptable quality” some while back)

Compensation (in the UK) is only due if a financial hardship / loss can be clearly demonstrated (unless of course you can demonstrate trauma or phychological loss due to the perceived change in the emmissions output of your car.)

I did accept the huge immorality issue (and confess to holding a large wooden spoon😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Mike and his Macan

If you accept “ acceptable quality”to have your car go into limp mode , need countless regeneration cycles and have you car taken back to fix the fix, then good for you. So a financial loss can include lost days at work.. unnecessary trips ( to clear the DPF)... potentials for future loss of value in your cars depreciation.etcetc. it’s got nothing to do with the change of emissions.. it’s caused by the fact the car was sold with a cheat device.. and you where not told... no matter how it’s dressed up . Or what spoon you choose to Stir with.