500 mile range and full charge in 1 minute

The place to discuss everything else..
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^^
(Nothing worse than a reformed smoker / Turbo driver.....😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Luke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:38 pm And if you have no issues with local pollution, why don't bring in more fossil fuel burning in your local back yard for instance? What about a coal plant in your garden that pollutes 24/7. Maybe that would be better than taking power from the grid?
We do regularly burn fossil fuels in our backyard already. In fact, every Sunday, we have a BBQ. Smells yummy! :lol:
Last edited by Semerka on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Luke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:34 pm It's a very interesting discussion for sure.

Regarding the people who live in flats in big cities without possibility to plug-in. Many of those people does not own a car today just like has been said and for those people it's no difference. The difference for them is that they can breath better air when walking up and down the streets.

A lot of vehicles parked in cities just sit's there for hours during 6 hour shopping or a work day or even parked up several days while someone is out of the country on vacation. There will be much smarter services and usage of these cars down the line with car sharing etc. Many people just doesn't care about the car, the color of it or any other detail, for this type of usage it will be perfect with smart car sharing. And for many they will probably ride in a newer car than what they can afford if purchasing one. Win-win.

For those interested in cars, like the crowd in here who buy above average expensive cars, like to clean them during the weekend etc. We represent to some extent the minority. But for us it will still be possible to sort this issue, because I would assume that we solve the car parking anyway to either a garage or some place where the car sits a bit safer and hence also would have access to charging.

Also... What will happen with the power grid if all cars are electric tomorrow? What will happen with all the people without access (today) to overnight charging? None of those concerns are relevant because NO ONE is trying to convince others that any of these events will occur over night. It will take time! But we got to start somewhere! And personally I get a bit tired when people reply in defense and bring up all those rubbish arguments.

None of us know how quick this transition will look like, but with a positive attitude and an open mind we will get there.
You are now listening to what some of us have been saying for months.

Yes, full EVs are great and will be better when the range and charging capacities are there in vehicles that the majority can own.

Its the infrastructure that is the problem, ageing power stations in the UK and an even more ageing national electricity grid are the issues to resolve and these cannot be actioned overnight.

Did I mention also that the UK is supposedly massively in debt? Goodness we cannot even fund our NHS properly nevermind building electricity power stations which we have had to farm out to the French and Chinese.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Its absolutely clear that what is offered today in terms of infrastructure and the range of EV is not good enough for the majority.

I am one of the luckier ones that can have power in all my garages etc but still i would not purchase on yet.

Once other manufacturers come on board with better EV and build quality then i may change my mind.
By then infrastructure may change too. I currently have no issues with my ICE. So why get an EV and create new issues for me and my family....

There are multiple problems.... currently.

Once its in a better situation then worth a revisit. EV certainly is not a step forward for me in terms of usability currently but it may make me feel a bit greener but even thats debatable....

Nobody really knows except the current offerings are not good enough....
GTS 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col Lamb - I don't think Luke or anyone else has ever suggested that a suitable charging infrastructure for everyone is going to pop up overnight. It's actually growing in line with EV usage and the energy companies are starting to plan for the future uptake of EVs. It's always going to be a transitional thing, not an overnight switch. Talking about the electricity grid, it needs cleaning up and modernising regardless of what happens with personal transport. Again that is starting to happen too, along with more efficient home energy usage. Whether it's all happening fast enough is open to debate.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Paul wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:13 pm ^^^
(Nothing worse than a reformed smoker / Turbo driver.....😉)
:lol:
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm Its absolutely clear that what is offered today in terms of infrastructure and the range of EV is not good enough for the majority.

I am one of the luckier ones that can have power in all my garages etc but still i would not purchase on yet.

Once other manufacturers come on board with better EV and build quality then i may change my mind.
By then infrastructure may change too. I currently have no issues with my ICE. So why get an EV and create new issues for me and my family....

Once its in a better situation then worth a revisit. EV certainly is not a step forward for me in terms of usability currently but it may make me feel a bit greener but even thats debatable....

It's your choice of course, but not everyone shares your viewpoint. There are already plenty of people who prefer EVs for all sorts of reasons (not just environmental) and would never consider going back to an ICEV. If you frequent EV forums, it's very rare to hear comments about people actually missing their ICEVs, despite issues with charging etc. Quite the contrary in fact. On forums like this though, there is still a lot of ignorance regarding both the benefits and downsides of EVs, as very few people have experienced them first hand. But public opinion seems to be changing quite rapidly as more EVs come on to the market. I think the picture will be quite different in 5 years time and certainly so in 10.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Peteski wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:10 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm Its absolutely clear that what is offered today in terms of infrastructure and the range of EV is not good enough for the majority.

It's your choice of course, but not everyone shares your viewpoint. There are already plenty of people who prefer EVs for all sorts of reasons (not just environmental) and would never consider going back to an ICEV. If you frequent EV forums, it's very rare to hear comments about people actually missing their ICEVs, despite issues with charging etc. Quite the contrary in fact. On forums like this though, there is still a lot of ignorance regarding both the benefits and downsides of EVs, as very few people have experienced them first hand. But public opinion seems to be changing quite rapidly as more EVs come on to the market. I think the picture will be quite different in 5 years time and certainly so in 10.
No offence but not everyone shares your viewpoint either.
What we have agreed on is it will certainly be different in 5-10 years time which was part of my point. It’s not good enough for me currently.
There are still very few EV out there so public have still got lots of convincing imo. The government are doing their bit with their incentives but 5-10 years will be a much better place than now 👍

I have experienced them first hand 😉
GTS 😀
wilko

Post by wilko »

Luke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am wilko - Sorry, but you have so many flaws and are so misinformed that It's not even worth spending time discussing this further. It's hilarious each time non-owners who have not tested to live with a BEV come up with all this garbage.

Stick to your hybrid and enjoy it.
I’ve never been overly impressed by people who end discussions with people who have different opinions to them with
“I’m not talking to you, you’re stupid and don’t understand”
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

wilko wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:34 pm
Luke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am wilko - Sorry, but you have so many flaws and are so misinformed that It's not even worth spending time discussing this further. It's hilarious each time non-owners who have not tested to live with a BEV come up with all this garbage.

Stick to your hybrid and enjoy it.
I’ve never been overly impressed by people who end discussions with people who have different opinions to them with
“I’m not talking to you, you’re stupid and don’t understand”

Well, if you're going take that attitude...! :shock: :roll: :lol:
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀