500 mile range and full charge in 1 minute

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Hi Luke. I too I’m sorry to read of your decision. I think it’s extremely healthy to have a broad span of opinions. There can be little worst than a whole group of people sitting around agreeing with one another.
Although it might not appear to be the case I too believe that EVs are the future- at least as far as we can currently tell. My doubts have and will continue to be until proven otherwise that it’s the UK infrastructure and the vast numbers of old housing etc are the biggest drawback.
Your experience is based on your national environment and is valid in that respect. Tesla is American and is undoubtedly mostly tailored to the US driving experience. I know it maybe something of a cliche but the UK is unique in many ways - population density for example. And in lots of areas the UK is miles behind. That wonderful jazzman, Humpfrey Littleton once described it as ‘this rusty, dusty country of ours’ and, for good and bad, so it remains. Whenever travelling in Europe I note the local trends. In Madrid some 6 or 7 years ago almost every taxi was a Prius. In Amsterdam last year I noted the number of taxistas running Teslas. Related to my business I’m aware that spectacle frame designs are at least a good season ahead. Whilst we are world leaders in some areas we fall woefully short in others.
For EVs there may be historic and financial restraints but there is also a massive lack of vision and enterprise. Having seen what’s happened in Madrid I’m frankly staggered, for example, that local councils do not do a deal with Toyota or whoever and the taxi companies and taxistas to jointly finance a move from 5 year old diesel Vauxhalls and their like. It may be a commitment and an overhead but the cars would then be virtually free and clean to run. And it would send out a clear message rather than just taxing and/or banning.
We’re told the next full Macan upgrade will be an EV and I’m up for that if it’s powered by the coming eMission tech and if I can find an aesthetic, polite, convenient and legal way of charging the blighter - and if the home system will stand it.
When it comes to Tesla I think it’s brilliant tech but I cannot say I’m a fan of the typically US design. Neither do I like being patronised by Californium speak... man! Neither do I like straightaways, DE-fence or football matches running into overtime. But, hey, that’s just me. :)
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Another one that would be sorry to see you go... We may not all agree on our views but that would be a very boring forum and world we lived in if we all agreed.

I dont think people on this forum are against EV but it may just not be the right time for them now. What suits me may not suit you currently.
I am sure you have read and been on many forums and this discussion is the same all over.
Accept i would like to think this forum is certainly more friendly in general... For me personally its nothing to do with the drive of an EV but to do with the choice and quality i have currently,...

I have said on other posts we really need the Tesla 3 to be a success and if they can pull their finger out and resolve the issues quickly then more positive media news will come out. Unfortunately as much as i can ignore most of the negative press currently there are many millions of people that are not on forums that believe all the headlines and never read the full story. Until the masses are convinced its going to be a struggle and a slow process....
But i think most would agree it will certainly happen in time and when the right time is for each individual is going to be different...
GTS 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍😉😉👍👍
Can you feel the love Luke....?😊
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I am most certainly a 'richer' person having benefitted from all the information and discussion on this forum and a good part of that has come from the two people saying they are leaving. Personally I would urge both of you, Luke and Peteski, to continue to contribute to this excellent forum.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:04 pm I am most certainly a 'richer' person having benefitted from all the information and discussion on this forum and a good part of that has come from the two people saying they are leaving. Personally I would urge both of you, Luke and Peteski, to continue to contribute to this excellent forum.

+1. I too would like both Peteski and Luke to continue to contribute to our friendly forum.

You are both passionate about cars, and big fans of Porsche in particular.

I have gained huge enjoyment from your posts on here.

Plus, having lodged a letter of intent on a Mission E, there is a very good chance that I will be joining the EV mini-group in 2019-20. Very excited to follow the development of the Mission E story over the next 24-30 months! :ugeek:

Luke & Peteski, don't go!!! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:04 pm I am most certainly a 'richer' person having benefitted from all the information and discussion on this forum and a good part of that has come from the two people saying they are leaving. Personally I would urge both of you, Luke and Peteski, to continue to contribute to this excellent forum.

+1.

Plus, having lodged a letter of intent on a Mission E, there is a very good chance that I will be joining the EV mini-group in 2019-20.
..not sliding over to the not-so dark side too wingco........??!😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I think the Mission E looks stunning, is the perfect size for my needs (a bit smaller than the Panamera) and if the charging infrastructure is a lot better in 24-30 months, it could be my ideal next car. :)

Whatever happens, can't see myself moving away from Porsche anytime soon... 😎
Simon

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 pm I think the Mission E looks stunning, is the perfect size for my needs (a bit smaller than the Panamera) and if the charging infrastructure is a lot better in 24-30 months, it could be my ideal next car. :)

Whatever happens, can't see myself moving away from Porsche anytime soon... 😎
I agree. It’s the quality car I would want and if infrastructure is better than what we have currently as well as the very quick charging then Happy Days 👍

Ohhh and it’s a Porsche 😀
GTS 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

And just look at it...! ❤️

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG

Simon

LLL

Post by LLL »

Wow, thanks guys for all these kind words!
Think I'll stick around a bit anyway ;)