500 mile range and full charge in 1 minute

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Me too, it's quite an addictive forum and so much better than most other car forums. So I'll stick around too. Like Luke I just didn't want to come across as an EV evangelist in a world of ICE! Remember I still drive a classic 911 and have done for the last 25 years since I bought my first 911 (Carrera 3.0). But I do think Porsche are going in the right direction with the Mission E and that's a car that certainly interests me as a potential buyer too.

Tesla, love or hate them, are seriously pushing the boundaries forward. Let's face it, the mainstream automotive industry needs a kick up the arse to move on from its legacy tech and not just in powertrains, the whole car tech. It's all good news from where I sit.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

They're certainly causing shockwaves even if eventually they don't ultimately fulfil the promises.

Musk is a bit like a guy preforming the old shell trick - a lot of sleight of hand, maybe? Don't worry about the issues with this model - just look what coming next!

Just how much money has actually been placed on deposit for the various models? And how long are those depositors prepared to wait?

He's asking for a $50K down payment for the roadster - 25%! That may to some look like a funding exercise! Almost a Ponsi scheme!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

EVangelists you make for an interesting BEVerage that could be the ICEcream melters! :twisted:

Well until the FCEV comes along!! :mrgreen:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 am They're certainly causing shockwaves even if eventually they don't ultimately fulfil the promises.

Musk is a bit like a guy preforming the old shell trick - a lot of sleight of hand, maybe? Don't worry about the issues with this model - just look what coming next!

Just how much money has actually been placed on deposit for the various models? And how long are those depositors prepared to wait?

He's asking for a $50K down payment for the roadster - 25%! That may to some look like a funding exercise! Almost a Ponsi scheme!
The Tesla Roadster and truck have both been under development for quite some time and were already overdue to be officially announced, so I don't think it's a deliberate ploy to cover up Model 3 production issues - although it is good PR timing for sure.

I've noticed on the Tesla forums, that quite a few people who put down Model 3 deposits are now moving them to Model S or even Model X orders to avoid the long wait, so not too bad for Tesla.

The Roadster is different. The kind of people who will put down $50K on this will consider it loose change rather than their life savings. I'm sure plenty of speculators will give it a shot too.
Deleted User 1874

SAC1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 am EVangelists you make for an interesting BEVerage that could be the ICEcream melters! :twisted:

Well until the FCEV comes along!! :mrgreen:
:D like it! Would you believe I didn't even spot the EV in evangelist! Creepy hey!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Glad to hear that you're still on board, Luke and Pete! :-D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Just looked up the new Nissan Leaf EV and I do like the look of that. If I needed a car for my every day commute to work, I would be very tempted. 😇
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I am going to test Tesla next week so perhaps I will also be changed :o :o :o
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tesla S? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

This is in mid November so roll on the big holiday getaway! The 225 of 8,653 forecourts factoid says a lot about the UKs preparedness.

FAC86782-0998-4681-ACCC-D37533BF8B4D.jpeg

VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀