New Tesla Roadster

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Type into Google

Tesla Model X problems

Then take your pick of the results.

I have just spent a while randomly looking at results.

It reinforced my belief to always wait until the bugs are ironed out.

QA seems to be a significant area where they need to improve as is Customer Service.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

DandyDon wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:37 pm Haven't they just done a photocopy of the Mission e and made a few tweeks? I thought it was only the Chinese who were into this sleight of hand?
I don't think so. They look a little similar at the front, but other than that quite different designs overall. As for copying ideas/concepts, Tesla are clearly paving the way with performance EVs. The Mission E has been seen testing with a whole fleet of Teslas in tow and you could easily argue that it was inspired by the Tesla Model S, which it will compete directly against on release.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:50 pm Type into Google

Tesla Model X problems

Then take your pick of the results.

I have just spent a while randomly looking at results.

It reinforced my belief to always wait until the bugs are ironed out.

QA seems to be a significant area where they need to improve as is Customer Service.
It is certainly true that the Model X suffered from many build quality issues on release, although most of those issues have since been addressed. However they do still appear to be inconsistent from reading various handover reports. But at least Tesla do make some effort to address their issues. The Model S now scores very highly in customer satisfaction surveys and so does the brand overall.

https://electrek.co/2016/12/22/tesla-co ... n-ranking/

I've taken a close look around 3 Tesla Xs in the last few months and general build quality was pretty good on all of them. Nothing like the poor fit and finish seen in some early examples. Good enough for me to give it a go anyway!
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Fantastic machine..I love it. Be great to see it into reliable manufacture.. a thing of dreams.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.