S4 Avant

The place to discuss everything else..
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Going with my mate tomorrow to look and test drive a new S4 Avant.

On paper it looks like a low riding match for the Macan GTS but a a lot less cost.. Will let you know how goes.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Some very reasonable lease deals in these at the moment so hopefully your mate is leasing not buying. A hot lease promotion gets a few cars on the road which in turn can hit residuals if someone had bought the car.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

The S4 saloon was on my short list before the Macan so interested to hear what you think.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I think if I was going for a fast A4 avant, I’d go for the RS4. I had a number of S4 avants as company cars and they never really felt that quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Well we had the test drive, not an Avant but an S4 saloon. We got to drive it basically round the block.

But in the initial time we had I have to say I was really impressed. Handling was equal if not better than the Macan, good brakes and a very, very nice cabin.

My mate has now decided to try and get an extended test drive - its a shame Audi dealers are not as good as OPC's.

I out of curiosity started to look at the RS5 Sportback. It shares the same engine as the Panamera S - could be very tempted.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Shame it was not a longer test drive. I'm sure it would be a great machine though.
Paul

Post by Paul »

We had the same initial response from our local Audi dealership - I guess with their volumes they must get a fair share of tyre kickers / company drivers and reduce every enquiry down to that level.

I was offered an Audi “central fleet” car for 48 hours at a cost (£300 from memory?) which would be refunded when I placed an order.😮

Luckily, I have a good relationship with another dealership and got TT for a full 24 hrs and a TTS (the MD’s car) for another half day. Order placed and car arrives early March👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am We had the same initial response from our local Audi dealership - I guess with their volumes they must get a fair share of tyre kickers / company drivers and reduce every enquiry down to that level.

I was offered an Audi “central fleet” car for 48 hours at a cost (£300 from memory?) which would be refunded when I placed an order.😮

Luckily, I have a good relationship with another dealership and got TT for a full 24 hrs and a TTS (the MD’s car) for another half day. Order placed and car arrives early March👍
Does this mean you are jumping ship?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:03 am
Paul wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am We had the same initial response from our local Audi dealership - I guess with their volumes they must get a fair share of tyre kickers / company drivers and reduce every enquiry down to that level.

Does this mean you are jumping ship?
No, no, no....just Mrs P swapping her 3 yr old 428 cab for something red!
I’ll be hanging on to the GTS for a few years yet...(famous last words!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465