718 Boxster Spyder

The place to discuss everything else..
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Virage11 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:38 pm Four on PH. From £175k to £200k. :roll:

Bound to be folks with money to burn who'll pay close to these prices... :(
You can discount the one at £175k...as it won't actually be £175k. The guy selling it just finds potential buyers for other people and always advertises at much lower artificial prices. He was doing the same thing with the i8 in 2015 and then I know again with an AMG GT R he had up at £170k...but the price was actually £200k (I called!).

Be interesting to see how quickly or otherwise these move. Market seems to have reached the winter slowdown. My McLaren is for sale and has been stuck for a while - wrong time of year for a convertible clearly but from speaking to a couple of McLaren, Ferrari and Porsche dealers plus my usual independent the whole market has gone a little to sleep.
How was the Mclaren? Did you like it? Why not keep it? It looks awesome!

Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

Ian.g wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:10 pm
Virage11 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:38 pm Four on PH. From £175k to £200k. :roll:

Bound to be folks with money to burn who'll pay close to these prices... :(
You can discount the one at £175k...as it won't actually be £175k. The guy selling it just finds potential buyers for other people and always advertises at much lower artificial prices. He was doing the same thing with the i8 in 2015 and then I know again with an AMG GT R he had up at £170k...but the price was actually £200k (I called!).

Be interesting to see how quickly or otherwise these move. Market seems to have reached the winter slowdown. My McLaren is for sale and has been stuck for a while - wrong time of year for a convertible clearly but from speaking to a couple of McLaren, Ferrari and Porsche dealers plus my usual independent the whole market has gone a little to sleep.
How was the Mclaren? Did you like it? Why not keep it? It looks awesome!
McLaren is fantastic. Easy to drive. Comfortable. Refined ride. Sublime steering. Wickedly fast but throttle easy enough to manage. Obviously have to be careful in the wet. Folding roof works well and you lose not rigidity due to the carbon tub. Only selling because of the arriving GT R...placed a deposit on two years ago so didn't know when it would come / what I would have at the time.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...