Dammit, I've got the 911 bug too!

The place to discuss everything else..
VanB

Post by VanB »

I've got about 2 weeks until lockdown and now I'm doubting whether I should add the leather alcantara interior. Arif, believe you had the standard so do you have any further thoughts?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Thanks Semerka. Standard interior includes leather dash top and tops of door cards. I agree with you on the sunroof. I’ve never been a fan of them and don’t have one on the Macan. But having tried one in a Coupe demonstrator, and having driven the cabriolet, we decided a compromise would be to include it this time. Not a good reason, but it adds black panels on the roof front and rear which add to the appearance of the white coupe.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
LLL

Post by LLL »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:35 pm
Luke wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:04 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 am I'm trying Vanb, I'm trying! Yes, now the deposit's down the wait becomes the issue. But it could be worse.

Thanks Luke. My wife and I both like Alcantara, especially in the sports cars, and we love the GTS interior (similar to the Turbo interior we have in the Macan). The GTS standard interior has leather and quite a lot of the Alcantara bits, including the headlining. The GTS interior is one heck of a lot of money for what you get over standard. Even the Alcantara package is expensive. We'll keep it all under review though, until that fast approaching lockdown date which is 9 January.
I also really like the Alcantara. With the standard pack you will not get the headliner in Alcantara. I'm not recommending the full GTS interior package upgrade with deviated stitching. I talk about the full leather/alcantara upgrade that cost 2,391. Still a lot of money, but for what you get it is also a lot nicer interior. More or less every panel in the car will be either alcantara/leather instead of the plastic standard material.
Thanks for your suggestions Luke. From the Standard features list on the configurator 'Roof lining and C-pillar trims in Alcantara®'.

I understand what you're suggesting with the Alcantara Package, as opposed to the GTS Interior, and it is a nice upgrade. Between now and lock down I'll be doing some comparisons to make sure we don't regret not adding a relatively small amount on the overall cost.
Ah, okay I see now. But still the A-pillar and B-pillar will not be covered in Alcantara with the standard interior. That comes with the extra package.

Comparing it in the showroom is of course the best alternative and then you will no for sure what is most appealing to your eyes and that's what's most important. I just wanted to give some heads up, that's all 8-)
VanB

Post by VanB »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 pm Thanks Semerka. Standard interior includes leather dash top and tops of door cards. I agree with you on the sunroof. I’ve never been a fan of them and don’t have one on the Macan. But having tried one in a Coupe demonstrator, and having driven the cabriolet, we decided a compromise would be to include it this time. Not a good reason, but it adds black panels on the roof front and rear which add to the appearance of the white coupe.
Are you sure about that Nick? I thought standard interior had plastic dash albeit a decent quality one.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 pm Thanks Semerka. Standard interior includes leather dash top and tops of door cards. I agree with you on the sunroof. I’ve never been a fan of them and don’t have one on the Macan. But having tried one in a Coupe demonstrator, and having driven the cabriolet, we decided a compromise would be to include it this time. Not a good reason, but it adds black panels on the roof front and rear which add to the appearance of the white coupe.
Nick, are you sure that leather dash top and door tops are standard, I am not so sure? Porsche plastics are top drawer so not the end of the world anyway.
As for the GTS interior at 5k or the extended leather at 3k lovely as they are they would add virtually nothing come resell time. The demo I drove had the full GTS interior and to be fair I don't think it added much to the 911 experience.
I also had the sunroof in my origional spec but deleted it after the teat drive as it reduced headroom while even closing the blind didnt keep out all the light. The main reason for specifying the glass sunroof was to get the black roof but now I think I will get it wraped instead. The same effect, less cost, less weight in the wrong place and if I dont like it just take it back off.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

These are the interior Standard Features taken from the Confuserator: ;)

Interior:

• Sports seats Plus with elevated side bolsters, electric backrest and height adjustment and manual fore/aft adjustment on driver and front passenger side. Headrests with embroidered "GTS" logo in black. Backrest shells with silver grey paint finish
  • Split-folding rear seats
  • Black interior with selected items in black Alcantara®: seat centres front and rear, door handles, door panel armrests, steering wheel rim, gear lever / selector and centre console main storage compartment lid
  • GT sports steering wheel, diameter 360mm, manual height and reach adjustment. Shift paddles for manual gear selection in conjunction with PDK
  • Dashboard trim strips and centre console trim in brushed aluminium with black anodised finish
  • Roof lining and C-pillar trims in Alcantara®
  • 12-volt socket in front passenger footwell
  • Door sill guards with model logo
  • Heated front seats
  • Floor mats
:)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

VanB wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:24 pm
Are you sure about that Nick? I thought standard interior had plastic dash albeit a decent quality one.
You could be right. I did think that initially but it was a phone conversation with an SE that led me to believe leather dash top was standard. We're at the OPC this evening for an event so I'll check then. I'll see what different interiors they've got for us to look at.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

Report back if you can. I think Arif had the standard interior and said it wasn't too bad
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Having studied the 911 GTS configurator, Nick, you do need to spend £2,391 to get leather dash top, door tops, rear seats etc. :geek:

As some have said above, I'd be tempted to go manual gearbox and ditch the sunroof.

I'd then either go for a bolder exterior colour, or stick with white and get Martini decals! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

😎

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0