Dammit, I've got the 911 bug too!

The place to discuss everything else..
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Nick, good choice, but then I would say that. I think Van has really started something with his 911 GTS thread. That's at least three firm orders now. Good looking spec and conforming to the maximum 10% extras format to maximise residuals.
This forum will soon have to change to called the Macan and 911 forum
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Thanks for the comments guys. I know it's indulgent, but as I said, we'll enjoy the experience while we can, indeed while we can still get in and out of it!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Great news Nick.

I drove a GTS at the PEC, it was good, way better than the previous S that I had drove.

What extras, I did not care it was just such great fun to drive.

Indeed getting out was my only problem (1) because I did not want to (2) I strugged actually doing so due to my dodgy back and rheumatic hips.

Have fun.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Fantastic news Nick, it really is an awesome car and also pretty awesome you are keeping the Mac Turbo.

I've been toying with getting another 911 GTS as my GT3 number doesn't seem to have come up yet.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Sensible spec too Nick - it's how I've always specced my cars. the combo is quite similar to the white Gen 1 GTS that I had which I think you saw at our Lincoln meet.

Is there a reason why you have specced the PASM with a drop of 10mm? I personally would stick with the standard GTS PASM drop of 20mm. I have to say the ride was fine on mine for a sports car.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Thanks Col and Arif. The GTS is amazing, it's the nearest to a motorcycle in performance terms that I've driven. It really punches out of corners and allows confident and safe overtakes in places you'd only normally consider on a quick bike. And of course the cornering and braking is on another level.

We considered the cabriolet, or a C4, with their different characteristics, but the decision was made easier due to the availability of a C2 Coupe build slot. Also a factor in the timing was that I've heard there will be NO sports cars built after April. Don't know if that's true, but I like the current design and dislike touchscreens and other 'tech' that is likely to appear in the 992.

Arif, I spec'd the 10 mm rather than 20 for normal UK road friendly use. We live on a bumpy lane with some steep camber and profile changes. There's less likelihood of front end kerb damage too. Since I won't be tracking it I don't see the need for lowest CoG, etc.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

spook

Post by spook »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:08 am I've heard there will be NO sports cars built after April. Don't know if that's true, but I like the current design and dislike touchscreens and other 'tech' that is likely to appear in the 992.

GTS is a nice choice Nick and your comment above is what I have also heard from two OPC's , apparently it will be a 3 month closedown for sports cars.

I'm not getting any younger and the reason why I have decided to have a 2nd Choice (different Marque) if I don't get a C2 build slot in March / April.
GTS is just a little too steep for me with a new house purchase.

Enjoy the configurator !!
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Cheers spook. It seems a few of us are doing it while we still can!

Apparently there are major factory mods, not just for 992, but also site links to the new Mission E facilities. It's a very compact site, so not surprising that there has to be an impact on production at some point with all the major changes.

The allocations for March and April will be dished out next month so looks like that's it for 991.2 production.

Yes, the confuserator is addictive. I keep trying different colour options!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

VanB

Post by VanB »

Stay off the confuserator, Nick - it can be an expensive habit! Waiting is painful, isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
LLL

Post by LLL »

Lovely car and great spec Nick! White with the black contrasting bits looks really stunning!

One thing though that I strongly would consider is the Full Leather (or Alcantara) interior package. It just makes a massive difference in my book. I recently were in a 911 with standard interior and the dashboard door cards, etc feels very down market to my eye and you would not get Alcantara headliner either. If it was me, I would ditch the red seat belts and shell out the extra for full leather without a blink. You will love it and also get it back coming resale.

Just my 2 cents of course. Will be fantastic looking car either way :)