Tesla Test Drive

The place to discuss everything else..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 pm I saw an interesting tender today for organisations to present innovative proposals to transform the infrastructure for EV charging across Scotland. Good to see people exploring all possible ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear! :geek: I'd love to be able to re-charge my Mission E in Scotland! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

OMG the S is as wide as a cricket pitch.

Saw one on familiar roads near home yesterday for the first time.

My the S is one wide set of wheels.

Certainly looks great on the road.

Edit
Just checked my email where Tesla have sent me a message saying that they have a batch if X and S cars available for December purchase and pick up if anyone is interested, the prices vary for 75D to 100D power packs.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

JR WAL wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 pm Had a recent test drive in the model X P100D and liked the space inside, but couldn't get passed the price point of this vehicle upwards of £130 k. It felt like it was worth half that. Ride was average, and yes it goes but I would be bored in a few weeks. Only advantage is for business owners you can claim 100% relief against corp tax in 1st year, but to fund it (as most business would) on hire purchase its almost £2500 per month! Think I will pass!
Totally agree on the P100D being over-priced. You can get a 75D for £70k base and it's still as quick as a Macan Turbo up to 100 mph and has more instant torque on tap. I actually preferred the smooth power delivery of the 75D over the brutal P100D. It's not the kind of car that you buy to out-drag super cars! Once the novelty of blasting to 60 in 2.9 sec wears off, you can hardly tell the difference in normal driving. All variants feel effortlessly quick, making it an easy decision to save a shed load of cash.

I ended up paying £88K for mine fully loaded, which feels a lot more premium than the base spec. Worked out at around £750 per month on a 4 year PCP with £11K deposit. We considered putting it through my wife's accountancy business, but she didn't think it was worth it.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Just seen a Tesla model X in Leeds today - it’s expensive but looks cheap -cannot imagine who is buying these cars unless it’s to beat London congestion charge

5021EA70-2C7B-476E-BE10-E7406ED0FD8A.png

B2370DA4-6905-4949-85DD-7976D7A6FC01.png

41BF735F-9768-41CD-9BC3-33294A852A47.png

2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:27 pm -cannot imagine who is buying these cars
My Guess in Duracell Bunnies.
JR WAL

Post by JR WAL »

Peteski wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:15 am
JR WAL wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 pm Had a recent test drive in the model X P100D and liked the space inside, but couldn't get passed the price point of this vehicle upwards of £130 k. It felt like it was worth half that. Ride was average, and yes it goes but I would be bored in a few weeks. Only advantage is for business owners you can claim 100% relief against corp tax in 1st year, but to fund it (as most business would) on hire purchase its almost £2500 per month! Think I will pass!
Totally agree on the P100D being over-priced. You can get a 75D for £70k base and it's still as quick as a Macan Turbo up to 100 mph and has more instant torque on tap. I actually preferred the smooth power delivery of the 75D over the brutal P100D. It's not the kind of car that you buy to out-drag super cars! Once the novelty of blasting to 60 in 2.9 sec wears off, you can hardly tell the difference in normal driving. All variants feel effortlessly quick, making it an easy decision to save a shed load of cash.

I ended up paying £88K for mine fully loaded, which feels a lot more premium than the base spec. Worked out at around £750 per month on a 4 year PCP with £11K deposit. We considered putting it through my wife's accountancy business, but she didn't think it was worth it.
Yes agreed, but only issue for us with the 75 d is the real life range, which would be < 200 miles.
On order : Turbo PP www.porsche-code.com/PHKEENG0 Macan 2;http://www.porsche-code.com/PH1P17P2
macan 1 - macan s http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI1VBS2
Deleted User 1874

JR WAL wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:37 pm
Peteski wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:15 am

Yes agreed, but only issue for us with the 75 d is the real life range, which would be < 200 miles.
That’s not a problem for us with the Supercharger network, but there’s always the 100D (non P version) which has a realistic range of around 250 miles. There are few places that wouldn’t be enough unless you really want to travel non-stop for more than 4 hours without a 30 min break.
Deleted User 1874

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:27 pm cannot imagine who is buying these cars unless it’s to beat London congestion charge
I bought one for the space, performance, tech and comfort. Don’t go anywhere near London. Don’t think it looks cheap either, but that’s a matter of personal taste. It’s uncompromisingly minimalist styling for sure, but I quite like that.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Watching the new Grand Tour programme, Clarkson said that as the Hamster crossed the finish-line, he lost control of his totally electric Rimac Concept One and was thrown over a cliff. The resulting fire burned for five days as the individual batteries (in the power pack) progressively caught fire. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

Did they seriously leave the car sitting there for 5 days? Doesn't make much sense to me. Are you sure Clarkson wasn't slightly exaggerating? I've never heard of any Tesla burning for multiple days, although it would make sense to quarantine any damaged lithium battery until it could be safely discharged. All cars are a fire risk, some much more so than others. Tesla have made a big effort to make their battery packs as fire-resistant as possible. I have no idea about the Rimac, but I suspect it was a less conservative battery pack design if they had a close eye on weight (which for me is the only real disadvantage of an EV over ICE)