Paul from SOL testdrive a Tesla Model X

The place to discuss everything else..
LLL

Post by LLL »

Great to see a petrol head like Paul Wallace from Supercars of London experiencing an EV for the first time. He makes several good points in the video and have a really rather open mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqDwV5q6A1M&t=0s

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great review. Will watch the full video later to remind me of the Model X.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Interesting video, Luke. Thanks for sharing.

Good to see a petrol head and V12 lover give a balanced account of his experience.

He must have been on commission to see how many times 'Eon' could be squeezed into his review though! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:24 pm
He must have been on commission to see how many times 'Eon' could be squeezed into his review though! ;)
Indeed. It is a sponsored video so he maybe has an interest in being positive.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Yes, Mike. I'd need to see some of his other 'sponsored' videos to see if he is less balanced in his views when sponsorship is involved. :geek:

Although as the sponsor is Eon rather than Tesla, I guess the link between sponsor & product is less direct... 🤔
Simon

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Interesting review indeed. As a fellow petrolhead my initial thoughts on the Tesla X were pretty much the same as the reviewer. It was a total game-changer for me in many ways. The drivetrain is just sublime for either effortless cruising or making serious progress. In traffic it's got to be the calmest place to be sat for sure and the immense instant torque is certainly addictive! It's not a sportscar by any means (although most sportscars would be envious of the straight line performance and traction), but as a sporty family hauler I think it's in a market of its own. The Model X sparked my interest more than any other large SUV by a long shot and I'm looking forward to owning one very soon!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Saw another one on the motorway the other day (Tesla Model X). Looks good, I have to say. Approaching it from behind at a distance I first thought it might be a BMW X6 or the similarly sized Mercedes model. 8-)
Simon

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I think the Model X looks pretty good for a large SUV. Some people seem to find it ugly, especially in the US which I find a little ironic. But then it doesn't look like your typical US wagon, so perhaps not so surprising. Regardless, its looks certainly seem to divide opinion from love to loathe. But the main reason we bought one was because of its interior space for both people and luggage. It's about as big inside as you can get without resorting to a van or a full sized RR. It drives much more like a large luxury car than a typical SUV too, which is all good in my book.