Italy road trip sorted!

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I know I'm opening myself up to all manner of comment but here's our next road trip.

Day 1. Cheltenham - Namur
Day 2. Namur - Baden-Baden
Day 3. Baden-Baden - Bolzano
Day 4. Bolzano - Montepulciano

Chill 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Then... Montepulciano - Bardolino (with thanks to Guy) 😎😎😎
Bardolino - Uberlingen (Lake Constance) 😎😎
Uberlingen - Heidelberg
Heidelberg - Ghent
Ghent - Cheltenham 😴😴
Last edited by Dandock on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Col M

Post by Col M »

Well I wouldn't recommend ending up in Cheltenham 🤣
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col M wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:58 am Well I wouldn't recommend ending up in Cheltenham 🤣
😱😂 If we’ve got to come back then I’ll take it over Preston any day.😉😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

The Zeppelin museum in Friedrichshafen is worth a visit when you are on way to Uberlingen (which is not very big) and you can take a nice little ferry back to Zurich side from/to there. The trip around the North side of the Bodensee has the falls to visit that feed the lake. :D Don't know the other stops but, what is there not to like about a trip in a Macan :D
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Col M wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:58 am Well I wouldn't recommend ending up in Cheltenham 🤣
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trip sounds brilliant. Must treat my Macan someday. :D
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Ferdie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:47 pm The Zeppelin museum in Friedrichshafen is worth a visit when you are on way to Uberlingen (which is not very big) and you can take a nice little ferry back to Zurich side from/to there. The trip around the North side of the Bodensee has the falls to visit that feed the lake. :D Don't know the other stops but, what is there not to like about a trip in a Macan :D
Yes, Ferdie, we have the Zeppelin museum on the list -even Mrs D is up for it. We also looked at the flights but very quickly looked away!

Thanks for the other tips - just the sort thing we like.

The next leg up to is a deliberately short one to allow some interesting driving through the Black Forest and some time to see Heidelberg.
Last edited by Dandock on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

ScotMac wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Indeed you must, ScotMac. It was one of the prime reasons for buying it. We've always loved road trips but Mrs D's back had become a major restricting factor. The Macan has solved that. 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Dandock wrote:
Ferdie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:47 pm The Zeppelin museum in Friedrichshafen is worth a visit when you are on way to Uberlingen (which is not very big) and you can take a nice little ferry back to Zurich side from/to there. The trip around the North side of the Bodensee has the falls to visit that feed the lake. :D Don't know the other stops but, what is there not to like about a trip in a Macan :D
Yes, Ferdie, we have the Zeppelin museum on the list -even Mrs D is up for it. We also looked at the flights but very quickly looked away!

The next leg up to is a deliberately short one to allow some interesting driving through the Black Forest and some time to see Heidelberg.
We drive through the Black Forest on the way back from our Hahntennjoch Pass trip in May. Some great roads, but was immensely frustrated by an old couple in a Hyundai i10 doing 20mph for most of the way in front of us whilst they were enjoying the scenery. I was getting really cross at having no opportunity to pass and my 70 year old dad was telling me to relax and enjoy the view. I told him we were on a driving road trip, not a scenery spotting trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:10 pm
Dandock wrote:

We drive through the Black Forest on the way back from our Hahntennjoch Pass trip in May. Some great roads, but was immensely frustrated by an old couple in a Hyundai i10 doing 20mph for most of the way in front of us whilst they were enjoying the scenery. I was getting really cross at having no opportunity to pass and my 70 year old dad was telling me to relax and enjoy the view. I told him we were on a driving road trip, not a scenery spotting trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: I believe I've had that conversation. :roll:
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Dandock wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:58 pm
ScotMac wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Indeed you must, ScotMac. It was one of the prime reasons for buying it. We've always loved road trips but Mrs D's back had become a major restricting factor. The Macan has solved that. 😀
[/quote

Did you trade in Mrs D for the Macan ???

Which OPC did you use :D :D :D