Best way to get a GT3 (future of course)

The place to discuss everything else..
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

So, short of a massive bag of money (that I don't have), what is people's experience of getting allocation on some of the limited run models from Porsche?

My ideal would be getting in to a GT3 at some point (not this gen as massively missed the boat on that (unless someone can tell me something! :lol: )). From conversations with my SE early last year, he was of the opinion that getting a slot would be a long way off for me (and anyone without a long history).

Wondering what others experience of this is, and any hints and tips for future generations of the GT3...happy to be PM'd if anyone has anything that they don't want shared on the forum...
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d

spook

Post by spook »

I spoke to Nottingham (not my OPC) about this and its not just about having a bag of money.

They advised me if I was customer who had bought a couple of Porsches from them over the years, used them for service etc , and as you say had " a long history" . if i had the cash they would rather sell me a GT3 than somebody they have never seen who just comes in, puts in a letter on interest the deposit (and then sells it on for a profit).

It seem like a loyalty thing and not just because you can afford it, all about striking up a good relationship with an OPC.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

My advise would be to build a good relationship with your OPC and SE not just to help with a GT3 slot but generally with anything you may require.

This certainly goes a long way in my experience with any car manufacturer to getting some percs and maybe being offered some things sooner than others....

This obviously does not happen overnight.... The above has helped me get discounts, excellent guaranteed part ex value while waiting for a new car as well as other benefits. Or i have just been very lucky for many years :)

I always show commitment when required but i have never shown any form of my wealth or lack of....... ;)

Maybe a little bit of luck in right time, right place too?
None of the above can harm your chances in my view :)
GTS 😀
Roy

Post by Roy »

I been told LOI are no longer being considered anymore (pointless). Being a good customer is the key now and also giving the car back on your next upgrade shows them the car will come back to the OPC as well (more business). I know someone that is getting a new GT3 only been driving Porsches for 5 years he actually bought a used approved GT3 from OPC to show them he means business (probably helped) and before that bought a few new ones.

I'm just waiting for WingCo to say I got a GT3 allocation..only a matter of time :lol:
SD - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH4YFGK7 Collected 1st March - Sold

GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6EC8N2 Collected 1st June 2016 - Sold
VanB

Post by VanB »

I think you need to have a history over a period of time buying a number of "lesser" cars, using them for service, referring people to them and I've heard that it can help your case if you've used Porsche finance too. Look at the long list of cars Arif has had from his OPC and he got a late call for a GT3 and thought he'd missed the boat. Virage's list makes my eyes bleed and he got the call so I think that tells a tale. It doesn't hurt if they know you well as it's the OPC who decide who gets them and nothing to do with first come first serve!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

Buy cars, don't flip cars quickly outside of the OPC network, give referrals, get to know dealership (e.g. trips)...although the latter option only comes after doing enough of the first one.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Thanks for the initial feedback on this...good to know I wasn't getting fobbed off at the first hurdle, and that it is a normal experience. the Macan turbo PP on order will be my first Porsche, so getting started now (hopefully in time I'll be able to get on the list!).

for me, it's never about flipping cars, I'm more one to get the cars I like to enjoy them for what they are. My average time of ownership is 2 years and have only ever made money on 2 cars (one due to a write off within 2 weeks, the other an aggressive pursuit of original discount (17k car bought for 12, sold for 13) and a switch out at 6 months).

Have so far been impressed with the Porsche experience and yet to take delivery, so as long as I can keep the wife on board, possible something I can achieve in a few years...

I like the idea of the 2nd hand option - conscious of any cliff edges that may come with latest model releases though. Will need to do my research...
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

I was offered an R8 RWS through my Audi dealer - due to the relationship with them, so suppose if it works there, I best work on the Porsche relationship in the same way!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Roy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:30 pm ...I'm just waiting for WingCo to say I got a GT3 allocation..only a matter of time :lol:

Ha ha! That would be my dream! If any possibility of a GT3, I'd move heaven & earth to finance it somehow!

And if anyone on here grows tired of theirs, give me a shout! :P

Love the 991.1 GT3s, but owners are still asking for too high a premium over list price for them.

Best I start building a great relationship with my 'new' OPC!!! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Virage11 wrote:Buy cars, don't flip cars quickly outside of the OPC network, give referrals, get to know dealership (e.g. trips)...although the latter option only comes after doing enough of the first one.
Out of interest Virage, which OPC do you deal with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.