Bye Bye Mini

The place to discuss everything else..
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

After selling my Boxster last year and not having a convertible on the drive for the first time in nearly 20 years I decided before Xmas that I missed not having one last summer and would get something to fill that gap.

Many debates were had over the Xmas break and in the end we decided we probably didn't need 4 cars between the 2 of us so a compromise was in order. The choices were, 1. Chop the Cayman in and get something a bit more exotic (Ferrari, Aston, Maserati etc.) and then the Mrs would use the Macan for her 20 mile a day commute, 2. Chop the Mini in and get something that would do as my commuter and as I do 130 plus miles a day it would need to be economical, 3. Chop the Macan in and get a 911 convertible or Targa.

To be fair I would have been more than happy with 1 and 3 but Mrs sensible knickers wasn't happy about losing her Cayman or me getting a 911 so in the end I had to compromise as buying another car was never in this years plans and she still wants the bathroom replaced. So I bought this

IMG_0086.jpg

It's 2 years old, only done 9,500 miles and after 700 miles so far I'm getting 52MPG average. I figure if I keep it a year or so put 20k miles on it I won't lose too much money and can then restart the conversation about options 1 and 3 again. Life is fun, isn't it.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Nice looking Merc 👍