Interior looks yuk.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Reminds me of an old fart dressing up as an uncool 20 year old. Not a good look. They would be better off sticking to a more consistent style, whether it be young or old.
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

It has a passing resemblance from some angles of the new TVR which also looks all wrong in my eyes
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Peteski wrote:Reminds me of an old fart dressing up as an uncool 20 year old. Not a good look. They would be better off sticking to a more consistent style, whether it be young or old.
Interestingly, according to the folks from Aston Martin last night, they are actively trying to get away from a consistent style on the basis that everyone was saying they couldn’t tell the models apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Deleted User 1874

Hawkeye wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm
Peteski wrote:Reminds me of an old fart dressing up as an uncool 20 year old. Not a good look. They would be better off sticking to a more consistent style, whether it be young or old.
Interestingly, according to the folks from Aston Martin last night, they are actively trying to get away from a consistent style on the basis that everyone was saying they couldn’t tell the models apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree their models often look the same. But I meant consistency in terms of trying to appeal to a more specific age-group. There's a lot of mutton dressed as lamb in current Astons and I don't think it appeals to either the young or old in general. The Aston traditionalists (old farts mainly) might not like the more contemporary styling features, while younger people might not appreciate the dated interiors. But then I've never been a big Aston fan anyway.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great photos and lovely machine. :D

Not so keen on the interior
LLL

Post by LLL »

I like the exterior, but the interior is not to my liking at all. Maybe I'm too young for this or just belong in the camp who prefer more modern looking interiors that are less complex. I'm so tired of the "gentleman exclusive club" interior with leather and busy details. Give me a more sporty interior á la GT3 with Alcantara or sporttex materials. I'm actually staring to dislike leather in cars more and more and it feels a bit like it belong to the past. Time to move on!
VanB

Post by VanB »

The interior is positively gruesome! The problem with Astons, for me, has always been the way they drive even though I think, particularly the last generation, they are beautiful cars. At £130k + I can't see the value in one of these.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

The more I see the interior the more I think it has been designed by a child with a big crayon. Just look at those air vents and the stupid dashboard mounted iPad
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Deleted User 1874

Luke wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:06 pm I'm so tired of the "gentleman exclusive club" interior with leather and busy details.
I think you've nailed it for me right there. Reminds me of Emirates business class cabins :lol:
I know some people still like this kind of thing, but I just find it old fashioned and ornate and especially so in a "modern" sportscar. Porsche seem to strike a much better balance between traditional and modern in their interiors.