Garage makeover

The place to discuss everything else..
VanB

Post by VanB »

Also made me think about mine, decent size but currently used as a dumping ground so would be great to have it floored properly with some decent lights and put the 911 to bed at night. Sadly I think it might cost a fair bit to sort out and one of the caveats of the wife allowing me to get the 911 was that we did a first floor extension first so I think I might get shot if I sorted a cosy home for the 911 first!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

I tried arguing that it was a worthwhile spend as it would help to protect valuable capital assets, at least one of which is appreciating. While that is completely true and logically rigorous, she didn't really sign up to it. But I went ahead anyway and she does agree it looks good, and she gets to park her Raleigh in there.
pj191k89
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

MCDK wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 pm Would love to do a fancy garage floor in mine but would cost a fortune, floor area is nearly 130 sq metres. At the moment it is sealed concrete so very little dust and was done as a very very smooth finish. Aim of the builder was to mean I didn't need to paint or cover it but a nice painted floor looks better.
You know if your floor is in a good state, it'll take 20 sq/m on coverage for a 5l tin and you might not even need the primer if your floor is in excellent condition. Resincoat https://www.resincoat.co.uk/en/high-bui ... paint.html are doing very good pricing at the moment (I have no affiliation, I just noticed it when I posted the link earlier in this thread). You'd probably want 7 tins + rollers and frame. £150-£200 in materials perhaps and then labour. Can do it yourself or get someone in - took me about 4 hours to do mine which is about 80 sq/m.