Hotspots where most speeding tickets are issued...

The place to discuss everything else..
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

'ello, 'ello....Hotspots where most speeding tickets are issued is revealed:

https://www.petrolprices.com/news/hotsp ... re-issued/
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

“West Yorkshire’s speed cameras recorded 46 times as many drivers exceeding the speed limit than the police force with the lowest number, The City of London police force with 3,107 tickets issued in 2017.”

There’s never sufficiently little traffic in the City of London to break the speed limit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Income generation pure and simple.

In December I travelled from Sheffield up the M1 then over the M62 into Lancashire and the whole of the route was covered by average speed cameras and in many sections there was a 50 mph speed limit showing, this was quite unecessary as it was around midnight with very little on the road. So it would have been very easy to get booked.

It was the same when I travelled the M1 and M62 on my way back from the PEC in July, many long sections in Yorkshire with a totally unecessary 50 mph limit, the low volume of traffic did not justify the reduced speed limit.

So now you know, avoid Yorkshire, or let the other half drive there.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
happy days

Post by happy days »

I agree. Last year we went from Luton airport to Silverstone PEC and counted 24 speed cameras in a 16 mile stretch. Overkill!!! Thankfully here in NI we have very few fixed cameras and if you're on Facebook, you usually get an early warning as to where the mobile cameras are that day!

That said, I did get done in Dublin on the approach to the Port Tunnel doing 80 in a 50 zone. My defence was that I was doing 50, but not kph...
Macan S D
718 S
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

The article mentions speed camera detector like Drivesmart Alpha, are they legal in UK ?

in France, it's legal to buy but not to use :roll: ....
you can loose up to 6 points, up to 3 yrs driving licence suspension , confiscation of the device and 1500€ fine !!!
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

Friend of mine uses the Cyclops app and swears by it. It tells you the speed limit wherever you are, alerts you (visually and sound if you want) if you're exceeding the limit and it tells you where cameras are. User feedback enables the app to tell you whether a camera is active. I tried it for the free trial period of 3 months, haven't got round to buying it yet. Its under £10 p/a I think and if I was driving on unfamiliar roads a lot I would definitely get it.
pj191k89
John_M

Post by John_M »

Frenchy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 pm The article mentions speed camera detector like Drivesmart Alpha, are they legal in UK ?

in France, it's legal to buy but not to use :roll: ....
you can loose up to 6 points, up to 3 yrs driving licence suspension , confiscation of the device and 1500€ fine !!!
My understanding is if it a database (such as PocketGPSWorld's one then it is legal , but there was talk of banning the detector types - Halfords suggest it didn't happen Link but anything that jams a signal will likely be illegal
Col M

Post by Col M »

Still unsure as to why the UK nav doesn't show cameras. Mates TomTom does
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

I swear by Waze. Besides excellent navigation, it is a user driven warning system and free to boot. All fixed camera's are flagged. Mobile sites and cops parked up will be announced, as long as someone in the user community has spotted it and asked a passenger to tap the screen. In France, the software warns you of "enforcement zones". I do try to stick to the speed limit but having the heads up of camera's or mobile enforcement units, especially on unfamiliar roads is pretty handy.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18