Belfast OPC opening event

The place to discuss everything else..
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

MCDK wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am Main question I guess is whether kids are welcome, my son is car mad and has been treated like a VIP when we visit the dealership and would love the event I'm sure but would him being there be frowned upon. He is aged 11 and big sis is 13 who would likely feel left out if she didn't come. So along with my wife that would be 4 of us.
1. Don't let them drink the champagne.
2. Don't let them book a test drive.

Dealers are people too and have kids. I wouldn't worry. You're a customer at the end of the day and I'm sure they'll be well behaved so what's the problem? Pester power is a powerful thing! :)

mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Awaiting invite, could be to my wife, the GTS is hers! Will check her email......

Last event was good, met a few I knew. This one in new premises will be good - already had the guided tour! Some setup indeed.

There where a few kids about, so 11 yr old will be fine - he can drive Home!
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am Had an email this morning inviting me and a guest to the opening of the new Belfast premises on Friday 9 March. Have been to these type of events for BMW and "lesser" brands but wondered what the Porsche event will be like.

Main question I guess is whether kids are welcome, my son is car mad and has been treated like a VIP when we visit the dealership and would love the event I'm sure but would him being there be frowned upon. He is aged 11 and big sis is 13 who would likely feel left out if she didn't come. So along with my wife that would be 4 of us.

I'm not into mega posh events or anything like that, I'm a down to earth kinda guy who can just about nearly afford a Macan so don't want to feel like a fish out of water either.

I'm sure plenty of you guys have been to these type of events before and maybe even been to ones at Belfast before so would be good to know what to expect.

And rumour is that Rab J will be driving his new 911 out of the showroom that night followed by a few swift donuts in the carpark :lol: :D .
I'm certainly the man for donuts, :shock: but maybe not with children present :roll:
Cant see childern beiing a problem, just dont let them dance on the roof of the new GTS :oops:
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Worth a call to OPC Belfast to establish the criteria
(numbers and any age constraints) of the guests that you can bring with you. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

What's the dress code, is it all smart suits and fancy dresses???? Not sure I look good in either!!!
VanB

Post by VanB »

They don’t give a flying f@ck how you’re dressed if you’re prepared to drop a decent wad on one of their cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I think my details must have dropped off their database.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

They may invite you Tom, given that you still are a Porsche driver and hence a potential future customer for them.

Having said that they must bargain on a lot of no shows as they couldn't have all their customer base turn up to the one event.
happy days

Post by happy days »

I'd say there would be a fair bit of interest in this one given the fact that for many of us it will be the first time in the new premises.
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Potentially bad news for me. It's my daughters birthday on the Sunday that weekend but she is planning her party and sleepover for her friends on the Friday night. I'm currently trying to tell her that Saturday would be a much better party night!!