Belfast OPC opening event

The place to discuss everything else..
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Just seeing this thread......also got invite plus reminder....

So who all is going?

Not sure what to do or whether to go on my own...

I heard that the owner will be there to open it....a certain Mr. Penske himself ....

T
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I wouldn't mind going to get a look around the place but feel it might be a bit high brow for me. Bigger issue is daughters birthday party which looks like it's landing on that date. Shame but will maybe arrange a trip to have a look around some time.

Anyone know who replaced Paul as salesman or is there someone better I should hook up with?
TD444

Post by TD444 »

I have been down twice in the new place, very impressive and got a tour around the service end also....

Not sure what to expect either, am sure there will be those that are just into cars having a nosy and sure why not...

I know one of the finance guys switched to sales....Matt if you know him...he is a sound guy indeed....I had dealt with him a lot and he always tried to make time for a chat when I was in....
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

It's good to have a few good contacts in the place. I really liked Paul as he treated my 10 year old car mad son so well. You can imagine at that age going for first visit to a Porsche dealership being pretty excited and Paul really gave him the full guided tour. Invited us down to see GT3 RS when they had one and showed off a McLaren in the showroom when we were collecting my Macan. Paul also had said if we ever went to Silverstone that he could arrange for my son to get taken a lap or two with one of the instructors in something pretty decent. Just would like to rekindle that kind of relationship with someone as it makes it all a bit special for the kids but I haven't even been in the place since collecting my car 18 months ago.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

hey guys, i am probably going to pop down. I live quite close, think it will be a pretty big event. Not sure if it will be high brow - just a bunch porsche fanatics and a few local celebs no doubt, oh and the Tatler as well,

i am taking my mate, wife isn’t too fussed even though GTS is hers A few drinks probably so will walk back home via a pub. I am keen to see Cayenne, its a possibility......

lol
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Is it an evening thing? If so it probably wouldn't suit us even if they wanted me there. Me and the missus sometimes go for a spot of lunch on a friday. Went to Deanes Meat Locker today. Oh this is Thursday.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes it's a Friday night event.
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

MCDK - make contact with Richard Graham at OPC Belfast. Couldn't have treated me better when I traded in my Macan for a 911. He also gave me a tour of the whole place when I visited the new showroom with my 8 year old nephew just before Christmas. My nephew wasn't a Porsche person before (Ferrari, Lamborghini etc.) but due to Richards' hospitality he certainly was afterwards.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Thanks DandyDon, it's great when they treat the kids well as I know at that age going to a Vauxhall or Ford garage with my Dad excited me so can only imagine what a Porsche dealership is like at that age. We need to get a walk around the Ferrari dealership sometime, have looked around outside but never quite brave enough to go inside yet.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

I have a 3.5 year old who is just into cars general (have no idea how.....lol).......he just wants in all the cars but can identify that their all Porsche....plus Ferrari etc....

On two occasions Carl himself created him and gave a little gift each time....the little things go along way and he remembers it all....

Wife not so interested in this so may need to bring a friend if one is free....
Collected Tue 3rd May