The place to discuss everything else..
CAY2018

Post by CAY2018 »

Thanks so to sum up:

PASM is essential for 21” wheels but probably necessary for 20” wheels
All leather interior is pretty esssential
SC is a nice to have only so can do without
BOSE doesn’t add much to the standard system so can drop that too

Am in two minds about dropping to 20” wheels. I don’t mind that they look smaller and the smoother the ride the better - the issue for me is just that the ones on offer with the new Cayenne aren’t very inspiring to look at plus agree that the wheel arch extensions look better.

Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

PASM not only for comfort, but also better handling when needed. Makes the car more versatile. Very pleasant, whatever your wheelsize.

I prefer the 21inch, but the 20inch Cayenne Sport wheels aren’t bad either. Plus, on a darker colour they look bigger (well, car looks smaller).

By the way, you can drop interior lighting package too. I almost always have it off, as it distracts from seeing the road driving at night. I only took it on the Macan because otherwise interior lights were not of the LED type as compared to my LED headlights... talk about anal hahahhaha. Ah well... Pretty sure the new cayenne has all LED anyway already so...

Whatever you decide, the car will be very pleasant. These are all icings on the cake :).
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

If you want to achieve close to your budget, remember why you're buying a huge SUV / off-roader and not a sports car in the first place and therefore I would suggest: ;)

• Sport Chrono is a waste of money in an SUV, just a gimmick, so delete that.
  • 21" wheels totally unnecessary, just bling, so delete those. You will be inside, driving the thing, not staring at it. The standard 19" look OK too, would just need powder coating as they are very bright
  • POWER STEERING PLUS - not sure why one would want that
  • Leather interior - essential in a big SUV as it makes if feel much more premium and a nice place to be in for long periods of time. Standard interior is a bit drab.
  • BOSE, nice to have, but can do without
  • PASM is a must
With the above tweeks, the configuration comes to £65,815. Sorted! 8-) :lol:
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

This is standard on Cayenne with regards to lighting and visibility:

LED headlights

Daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights in each main headlight

Front light modules including position lights and direction indicators in LED light-guide technology

Driving light assistant including automatic Coming Home lights

High level 3rd LED brake light integrated into roof spoiler

Three-dimensional LED taillight design with integrated 4-point brake lights and lighting strip

LED interior lighting concept including switch-off delay function, footwell lighting for front and rear, ashtray illumination, glove compartment lighting, ignition lock illumination, reading lights for front and rear

Illuminated vanity mirrors in sun visors for driver and passenger sides

+++

Quite a lot is standard. :D
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Trosley

Post by Trosley »

£38.00 spent on the smoking package is a bargain must have. It covers up a gaping hole in the consul with a nice opening flap. I believe, it also covers a void under the heater control in the rear passenger compartment.
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018
reidoo

Post by reidoo »

Trosley wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:22 pm £38.00 spent on the smoking package is a bargain must have. It covers up a gaping hole in the consul with a nice opening flap. I believe, it also covers a void under the heater control in the rear passenger compartment.
Personally don't have that on my macan Gts and don't miss it,my mobiles sits there perfectly,ps,and I'm a smoker :D :D :D
VanB

Post by VanB »

Semerka wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:50 pm If you want to achieve close to your budget, remember why you're buying a huge SUV / off-roader and not a sports car in the first place and therefore I would suggest: ;)

• Sport Chrono is a waste of money in an SUV, just a gimmick, so delete that.
  • 21" wheels totally unnecessary, just bling, so delete those. You will be inside, driving the thing, not staring at it. The standard 19" look OK too, would just need powder coating as they are very bright
  • POWER STEERING PLUS - not sure why one would want that
  • Leather interior - essential in a big SUV as it makes if feel much more premium and a nice place to be in for long periods of time. Standard interior is a bit drab.
  • BOSE, nice to have, but can do without
  • PASM is a must
With the above tweeks, the configuration comes to £65,815. Sorted! 8-) :lol:
Well said, Semerka
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
CAY2018

Post by CAY2018 »

Ok I am obviously very open to persuasion so it's all changed. New code is PKLJNU32.
andreas

Post by andreas »

CAY2018 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:04 pm Ok I am obviously very open to persuasion so it's all changed. New code is PKLJNU32.
That's a better spec!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yes, agreed too. Semerka - couldn't have put it better myself!

I think that's now a sensible spec for a superb big SUV.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA