New Cayenne order

The place to discuss everything else..
CAY2018

Post by CAY2018 »

Hi not being a Macan owner I am an imposter on this forum but can't find a UK equivalent for Cayennes. But since the new Cayenne has a lot of features shared with the Macan I thought it would be useful to get views here on the spec I have in mind. The code is PK7BAL25. I should add that I am not minded to go over the £65K mark.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

You have the disadvantage of ordering sight unseen unless you wait until the first of the new Cayennes arrive in showrooms. You've gone for a standard interior. The Macan and the old Cayenne looked much better (IMHO) with the leather dashboard and tops of the door cards. My suggestion would be to go for cheaper wheels and use the money you save to upgrade the interior. After all that's where you'll spend most of your time with the car.

Going for the largest diameter wheels on steel suspension risks giving you quite a hard ride. If you stick with that wheel choice you need to consider air suspension or at least PASM. Both those choices increase your budget.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
CAY2018

Post by CAY2018 »

Thanks Peter. Dealer (surprisingly) thinks PASM/air are unnecessary for normal use (I am not taking it off-road). The problem with the smaller wheels is that they appear on the configurator at least a bit dull. Agree all leather interior would be good but it is a massive price jump.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

On-Track wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 pm You have the disadvantage of ordering sight unseen unless you wait until the first of the new Cayennes arrive in showrooms. You've gone for a standard interior. The Macan and the old Cayenne looked much better (IMHO) with the leather dashboard and tops of the door cards. My suggestion would be to go for cheaper wheels and use the money you save to upgrade the interior. After all that's where you'll spend most of your time with the car.

Going for the largest diameter wheels on steel suspension risks giving you quite a hard ride. If you stick with that wheel choice you need to consider air suspension or at least PASM. Both those choices increase your budget.
I agree. I saw the Cayenne interior already at the Brussels Motorshow last month: I would advise you to go for the leather interior. Suits the car's price-tag more.
For the wheels, everything under 21 inch looks small in real life. And car looks way better with the arch extensions painted that come with the 21 inch wheels. PASM is a must though, even with smaller wheels. Gives you basically two cars in one (soft when wanted/needed, and stiffer for some fun). Wouldn't buy a tall SUV without it (helps against the swaying in curves).
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

I am not one for adding too many extras but agree you need the leather dash. I spent about an hour with a number of Cayennes in Frankfurt and the leather is essential for making the interior seem like a premium car.
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
VanB

Post by VanB »

Agree on the leather too and personally would never buy another Porsche without PASM having had one.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Totally agree on the leather and the PASM. Also, wheels can always be changed down the line as many forum members have done, perhaps when further budget allows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Trosley

Post by Trosley »

Not sure how easy it would be to add the painted wheel arch extensions?
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Agree with others, definitely PASM, also the leather is a great improvement maybe dump the Sports Chrono to reduce cost. I have it but have to say a rarely used feature.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I have sports chrono. Used it a couple of times in 15 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.