Karcher - excellent customer service.

The place to discuss everything else..
VanB

Post by VanB »

I've had my Karcher for 10 years and it's never missed a beat. Personally I consider that to be pretty good service and it produces a lovely thick snow foam too.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Nice one. Although mine can be temperamental as to whether it works with an extension lead :?
GTS \o/ - sold :(
VanB

Post by VanB »

More likely your extension lead than the Karcher
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Had mine just over 10 years and has not had a single issues. K4 series. I have almost been waiting for it to fail so I can get one of the new ones 😉

I use 10 metre anti twist high pressure extension and works perfectly. It’s the official Karcher one and if you have an older unit like mine you just get a converter.
GTS 😀
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

MCDK wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm So a week later my new machine turned up and I was surprised to find it's the next model up which is considerably larger and more powerful. Also well over twice the price at about £110. So far so good as its excellent, still could topple but careful handling avoids that ok. The bit of extra power is great and also the larger capacity seems to have solved the spurting out the rear issue.

So big up to Karcher for making me a happy customer.
Did they mean to send you the more expensive model or did someone between Customer Services and Dispatch have a senior moment? Either way its a great outcome, but especially if they deliberately did it.

Years ago I ordered a sat nav from Amazon but it never showed up (ah the irony...). I phoned Amazon to say it hadn't arrive and the guy in customer services was hugely apologetic and said he'd put it right for me. The next day a package arrived with two sat navs in it.
pj191k89
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Thing is I don't know if they intended to send me the upgrade or whether it was an error. Can't really see it being an error so seems more likely they know the model I bought isn't that great and upgraded me to make me a happier customer.
happy days

Post by happy days »

I have a K4 - you know the one with the reel to wind up the hose. Nightmare. The hose stayed permanently curly and wouldn't straighten out as a result of 'hose memory'. So much so that it wore a hole through the hose after about two months of normal use washing two cars once a week. I bought a new longer hose from FleaBay from Poland and now don't use the reel to tidy up the hose. No bother now, As others have said, good snow foam, but not using Karcher's dispenser.
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Happy there is a company in Omagh who also sell on eBay that do excellent replacement rubber hoses. I had the same problems with my old Kärcher washer as hoses didn’t last any time. Ordered the rubber hose and it outlived the machine
and can be rolled up onto the reel no problem.
happy days

Post by happy days »

When this one expires I will bear this in mind! Thanks!
Macan S D
718 S