Karcher - excellent customer service.

The place to discuss everything else..
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

We don't often praise good customer service but worth a mention I think.

Bought a Karcher WD2 wet and dry vacuum before Christmas. It's main use is to suck up puddles of water on the garage floor after the cars come in wet or have been washed - I know it's a bit sad but I'm a bit anal about that and was fed up with the mop and bucket. Found one in a sale in B&Q for only Β£42

Found it to be pretty useless and some online reviews said the same thing. After a small amount of water is sucked up and I mean a very small amount it starts to spurt the water out the outlet and it falls over if you try to move it at all as its top heavy and also the pipe and motor are at the top of what is a very light unit

Contacted Karcher who initially told me that I needed to change the paper filter if using it as a wet vac and use a foam one. Nowhere does it tell me that but I went with it and tried. Machine was no better and I contacted them again. They said they believed my machine was faulty and wanted to replace it. Ok I thought but bet it won't do much as it seems this model is pretty useless.

So a week later my new machine turned up and I was surprised to find it's the next model up which is considerably larger and more powerful. Also well over twice the price at about Β£110. So far so good as its excellent, still could topple but careful handling avoids that ok. The bit of extra power is great and also the larger capacity seems to have solved the spurting out the rear issue.

So big up to Karcher for making me a happy customer.

Col M

Post by Col M »

A lot more stable if you part fill it to start with...i know but πŸ™ƒ
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Yes, I agree. We should praise good service.

Karcher repaired my pressure washer (twice) without me having the original receipt, both free of charge.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Paul

Post by Paul »

Nice to hear a good news story on a Friday nightπŸ‘
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Tall Phil wrote: ↑Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:31 pm Yes, I agree. We should praise good service.

Karcher repaired my pressure washer (twice) without me having the original receipt, both free of charge.
I am not sure if that's good that they reparied it or bad that it needed repairing twice!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ian.g wrote: ↑Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:03 pm
Tall Phil wrote: ↑Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:31 pm Yes, I agree. We should praise good service.

I am not sure if that's good that they reparied it or bad that it needed repairing twice!

Is the glass half full or half empty...? ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Mmmm. Poor quality product with good customer service.
Col M

Post by Col M »

Ian.g wrote: ↑Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:12 pm Mmmm. Poor quality product with good customer service.
The law of evolution?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I know, shouldn't have needed to be repaired in the first place, let alone twice, for the same fault.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
happy days

Post by happy days »

Wing Commander wrote: ↑Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Is the glass half full or half empty...? ;)
Or is the glass twice as large as it needs to be?
Macan S D
718 S