WLTA ( New Emissions test)

The place to discuss everything else..
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Just been reading a article in Evo , about the up coming changes main points are...

Claimed car enconomy will fall/co2 will rise.

From September this year all cars will have a wltp rating for car tax.

If the uk government dose not change to Wltp , car buyers will be taxed more ( like now!)

Any options you choose will be added to the higher tax band ... ie sunroof, anything that adds weight.

Turbo charged engines will suffer a greater increase than normally aspirate. The positive being aspirated engines may make a comeback.

Thinking of now ...is the time to buy again!!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Just when you think...!

All this chopping and changing must be driving manufacturers mad.

Diesel good - diesel bad
Turbo good - turbo bad
EV good...

Or are the green sheep dogs driving the rule makers and us into a pen.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Mike and his Macan

:lol: .. Chris Harris did make this point about the 718 ..”So they made this car to better.. but worse” in regards to emissions! Sort of sums it up.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col M

Post by Col M »

Why we should pay tax based on what a Georgia Christian Talk Radio station says... 😠

Oh WLTP 😉
Last edited by Col M on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

That doesn't make sense, N/A engines have to be bigger and therefore dirtier than a Turbo engine of similar power?
Mike and his Macan

During the old test the turbo cars where not really on “Boost” .. so got away with good reading.. on boost it is a different story.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It never ends up "fair" anyway :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I would like to think the new scheme will not be retrospective, new cars only. However, who knows? Moving to a Hybrid, £0 VED, am I safe?
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
VanB

Post by VanB »

The only fair way to tax cars is on fuel consumption via an additional tax on fuel and no VED or via a pay per mile based on GPS tracking. The whole CO2 thing is a total nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Paul

Post by Paul »

VanB wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 pm The only fair way to tax cars is on fuel consumption via an additional tax on fuel and no VED or via a pay per mile based on GPS tracking. The whole CO2 thing is a total nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel actually used, yes
GPS tracking, not for me thanks (you never know what else it might be used for.....measuring the speed between 2 points for example.......!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465