Options removed after order lock down

The place to discuss everything else..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

As the title says really. Just noticed the sports design package I specified is now no longer available. Wonder what that does to my order. I locked in a few weeks back and it is on my official order form. Am I looking at a 3 grand rebate?

541AAA3C-F0BD-4061-9ED6-F314BCD793FD.png

Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I would be pretty unhappy as I wouldn't want a Macan without the SD kit and imagine the Cayenne would be the same.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If I was you I would drop an email to your SE asking them to confirm that the Macan’s spec you locked down is what will be delivered.

I would quote the fact that you have seen that it is not now on the configurator.

It has happened a few times over the years with items dissapearing for a while, in the Summer of 16 the Spyder wheels became unavailable for a few months due to a shortage in manufacturing, luckily they became available just before my Turbo was built.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
steve w

Post by steve w »

Beginning to think PORSCHE can do whatever they want and if their customers don’t like it hard lines,perhaps they should remember it wasn’t that long ago that they were on their knees and through loyal customers they are now in a great position ,customers can always put them back if they’re not careful.
SteveW
Paul

Post by Paul »

If the option was avaialable at lock-down and the order was confirmed then (in theory) you should be OK.
But, as Col says, a quick e-mail to confirm should set your mind at rest.
The configurator message means any fresh orders can’t be specced with that option (for whatever reason - supplier constraints probably)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col M

Post by Col M »

Paul wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm If the option was avaialable at lock-down and the order was confirmed then (in theory) you should be OK.
But, as Col says, a quick e-mail to confirm should set your mind at rest.
The configurator message means any fresh orders can’t be specced with that option (for whatever reason - supplier constraints probably)
I think the configurator recalculates from the code against current available options (Not a historical record). My code for the SD now comes up with "Internal Error" which, when you think about it, is a fairly accurate description of the VAG diesel engine scenario! 😂
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

I am parting exchanging my car with my OPC on Friday so I’ll discuss then.
I was actually trawling the confusicator to see if any more options had been added when I realised the kit had been pulled. Gluten for punishment :)
A check of my code confirmed that it had been removed & not renamed.
Definitely have the confirmation in writing.
Just to clarify though my order is a Cayenne, not a Macan.
Taycan Turbo S

VanB

Post by VanB »

Agree with Paul, if it was available at lock down and is on your order form I'd be surprised if you weren't OK but a quick check does no harm.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

smithy37 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:02 pm I am parting exchanging my car with my OPC on Friday so I’ll discuss then.
I was actually trawling the confusicator to see if any more options had been added when I realised the kit had been pulled. Gluten for punishment :)
I hope I don't cause offence but sometimes spelling mistakes on this forum make me chuckle. This is the first Gluten free SUV I've ever seen ordered. :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

On-Track wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:19 pm
smithy37 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:02 pm I am parting exchanging my car with my OPC on Friday so I’ll discuss then.
I hope I don't cause offence but sometimes spelling mistakes on this forum make me chuckle. This is the first Gluten free SUV I've ever seen ordered. :D
None taken. I hadn’t even realised. :lol:

Basically there has been a supplier issue of this part (and quite a few other parts by the look of it) as I peered over the SE’s shoulder at his pc screen. This has pushed my dealer delivery date back by 11 days. I am now officially “latest 1st of June.” The guy in front of me in the queue has also suffered the same knock back. The SE thinks I will still be ok for end of May though.

So this situation is like the macan sunroofs all over again. Those of us that have been around on this forum long enough will remember all too well.

It was also interesting listening to him talk about the lack of demonstrators that will be available at launch and also his take on Porsche’s decision to axe the Diesel engine from the macan and the Panamera. Not to mention his anger at being kept completely in the dark over the impending face-lifted Macan.

I’m off to read a dictionary and practice my spellings. Ha!

Have a great weekend all.
Taycan Turbo S