Cayenne UK launch - Belfast

The place to discuss everything else..
TD444

Post by TD444 »

MCDK wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:22 pm Just change her Terry. Needing a service and new tyres sounds a perfect excuse.

It has crossed my mind!! :lol:

And timing may be right if all fits the budget.... Have to call in again in couple of weeks for a WNTY item....will see then.... :roll:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May

TD444

Post by TD444 »

happy days wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 pm Back home from the UK Cayenne launch.

About 650 guests, so hard to navigate the space! Wife on wine duty, me driving the 718.

Full house of Porsche vehicles on the queue into Belfast OPC. Got parked up, registered and in we go. Nibbles, wine beer all available. (😞)

On display, a le mans 919 car, an American lemans series racer, a 911t a 718 GTS, a panamera, three cayennes under wraps, and out in the garage area, a 911 gt3rs, a cayman gt4 and a few other Gts models, including a macan and 911. Plus a rather tasty 993 targa up on the customer area lift. Yummy.

Speeches from Carl dealer principal, Uel group md, and then the head of Porsche UK, who is a German/ Canadian. Then the unveiling.

Big car! One white, one black and one a green greyey blue which was quite nice in the flesh.

Interior touch controls for everything with haptics which if you are iPhone 7 familiar, will feel normal to you.

Lots and lots of extras on most models. One on display was £117k. Wow🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻!

Anyway, nice to be there, good luck to Carl and the gang. I’ll be back in on Tuesday as my 718 has developed a noise in the Lh door speaker which is a pain.

Pity i couldn’t have met up with some forum
Members.

Apologies for the caps / non caps. On the phone.

Also apologies for the lack of pics. I feel a right pillock photographing cars in front of people. Sorry.

But a special one for wingco who has been so nice to me since I joined this forum. Thanks Simon.

Connor

5C7AADA0-226A-44A3-A058-0D4AAE125D29.jpeg
Nice write up Connor..... The 'T' is sweet - wrong colour though (Sorry Wingco...... :) )......Hope it is still there if I am down soon again...

T
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

TD444 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:57 pm
MCDK wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:22 pm Just change her Terry. Needing a service and new tyres sounds a perfect excuse.

It has crossed my mind!! :lol:

And timing may be right if all fits the budget.... Have to call in again in couple of weeks for a WNTY item....will see then.... :roll:
So is it 911 time now then????
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

happy days wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 pm Back home from the UK Cayenne launch.

About 650 guests, so hard to navigate the space! Wife on wine duty, me driving the 718.

Full house of Porsche vehicles on the queue into Belfast OPC. Got parked up, registered and in we go. Nibbles, wine beer all available. (😞)

On display, a le mans 919 car, an American lemans series racer, a 911t a 718 GTS, a panamera, three cayennes under wraps, and out in the garage area, a 911 gt3rs, a cayman gt4 and a few other Gts models, including a macan and 911. Plus a rather tasty 993 targa up on the customer area lift. Yummy.

Speeches from Carl dealer principal, Uel group md, and then the head of Porsche UK, who is a German/ Canadian. Then the unveiling.

Big car! One white, one black and one a green greyey blue which was quite nice in the flesh.

Interior touch controls for everything with haptics which if you are iPhone 7 familiar, will feel normal to you.

Lots and lots of extras on most models. One on display was £117k. Wow🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻!

Anyway, nice to be there, good luck to Carl and the gang. I’ll be back in on Tuesday as my 718 has developed a noise in the Lh door speaker which is a pain.

Pity i couldn’t have met up with some forum
Members.

Apologies for the caps / non caps. On the phone.

Also apologies for the lack of pics. I feel a right pillock photographing cars in front of people. Sorry.

But a special one for wingco who has been so nice to me since I joined this forum. Thanks Simon.

Connor

Hi Connor,

Thanks for taking the time to type this report and sharing it. :)

650 guests! Wow! That is impressive, and unless the new OPC is like a stadium, the surroundings must have seemed snug with that many guests, plus Porsche people, and folks to dish out the drinks & nibbles etc!

Also a great collection of cars to admire. And I do like the look of that 'new' blue for the Cayenne, at least from online images and the configurator.

I know what you mean about feeling a bit of a wally taking photos of the cars! ;) So I'm doubly grateful for the great photo of the Racing Yellow Carrera T - thank you!

And I hope that the noise from the speaker in your 718 is quickly sorted out.

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi TD444,

We'll have to agree to differ on the best colours for a T! ;)

My personal favourites are yellow and white.

Interestingly, the most popular colour for buyers so far seems to be GT Silver, at least judging by those who have taken delivery on the Rennlist forum. A few blacks and whites are in evidence too.

Seems like, as with the Macan, many buyers are leaning towards the monochrome. :geek:

Which colour would you pick...? :) :?:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018