Cars you’ve become attached to ....

The place to discuss everything else..
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ian.g wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 pm Unlike some here, I am strangely attached to my Macan. Whilst I would change it if a really good deal came up, I like the one I have got. I am not sure if it is just the best car I have ever owned (by a long way), the 9 month gestation (like having a child) or the fact that it is exactly what I have chosen that has done it. I think the Porsche way of choosing every extra, although expensive, makes the car feel more exclusive and special - if you get it right. So despite it being a diesel, I have no plans to change it and will probably keep it for years. Until I don’t need the space - by which time I can hopefully afford a 911!
I was also going to keep my 2015 Macan much longer until the lure of a pre registered 2018 Macan was dangled in front of me
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:20 pm
Ian.g wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 pm Unlike some here, I am strangely attached to my Macan. Whilst I would change it if a really good deal came up, I like the one I have got. I am not sure if it is just the best car I have ever owned (by a long way), the 9 month gestation (like having a child) or the fact that it is exactly what I have chosen that has done it. I think the Porsche way of choosing every extra, although expensive, makes the car feel more exclusive and special - if you get it right. So despite it being a diesel, I have no plans to change it and will probably keep it for years. Until I don’t need the space - by which time I can hopefully afford a 911!
I was also going to keep my 2015 Macan much longer until the lure of a pre registered 2018 Macan was dangled in front of me

Nothing like the temptation of a new Porsche, Mark! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

All roads lead to a 911! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

The trouble is it looks like you have made quite a lot of compromises on the spec you like/want. I am not sure I would do that unless it was an extremely good deal... maybe it was!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ian.g wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:50 pm
The trouble is it looks like you have made quite a lot of compromises on the spec you like/want. I am not sure I would do that unless it was an extremely good deal... maybe it was!
Actually not many compromises at all. The car I cancelled in 2017 was also Volcano with pan roof, larger wheels, heated seats/ wheel, monochrome window surrounds. I have always liked the look of the black sports classics but could not previously justify the cost. Must admit that I was worried about ride comfort but as it turns out the ride is just fine. I also like the 14 way comfort seats although my first choice would have been sports seats. At the end of the day a £6,000 + discount compared to a £0 discount that I would have got in 2017 is the sort of compromise I can live with all day long. I tried to do deals on other similar specced pre reg cars with other dealers but could not get near the deal I got. l also got 3 year tyre and alloy insurance chucked in for free . In reality 99% of Macan buyers have got zero discount since launch in 2014 and just a small handful of buyers like myself with any discount. All in all I think that any compromises have been amply compensated for by the overall deal and the higher spec of car that I now have.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

The only thing that would get me to change the Macan is a V8 Macan with another 100HP.

I don't think there's much room for more engine in there though.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
happy days

Post by happy days »

Mini 850. I toured Europe in it going right along the Med from Spain to Rome and home via the Auustrian, Swiss and German Alps
Mk1 Golf GTi So fast for its age!
2CV - I'd have another one tomorrow
Z3 2.8 first 'proper' convertible
986 Boxster - first Porsche

On saloon cars / hatches, I agree with Ian.G - I have never sat in a better four seater. They really are so good.
Macan S D
718 S
VanB

Post by VanB »

My first car - mini 850 was fantastic and I loved it. Engine blew in the end because I mistakenly ran it on 2 * petrol (I guess a lot of people on here will remember 2* and 4* petrol)!
BMW X5 3.0D - was a fantastic car and very practical for what I needed it for at the time and would happily have another one if I needed the space (although Cayenne may win)
981 Cayman S - singularly the best car I've ever owned until now and should never have got rid. Like a warp speed roller skate and comfortable too.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Loved my Mk1 Fiesta XR2. Lots of problems but didn’t care. It was so much fun to drive. My insurance was more than the car 🙄
Eventually got stolen 😟

Golf GTI MkII. Faultless and was great to drive. This was the most secure car I owned. Had immobiliser, alarm. It even spoke to you and told you to step away from the car if you got within 6 inches of it (clearly I watched way too much knight rider). 3 times and alarm would go off and it would page me.
This was early 90’s 😉 (I worked with a lot of car security firms back in the day so it didn’t cost me much luckily)

Mondeo ST220 2004. Nice 3ltre v6 and the last manual gearbox i owned. Again faultless in 50k but I got over my car security issues by then so nothing added or changed 😂

I do love a manual gearbox but the Dual clutch Auto boxes are also so good these days.
GTS 😀
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

63plate Defender County XS 110.. sold it to my father last year.. parents live in the middle of nowhere and "used to" get stuck when it snowed... glad it stayed in the family! Loved it.
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo