Hybrid & Tesla

The place to discuss everything else..
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

At an F1 charity dinner I was at last night there was an auction prize of 48 hours in a Tesla X, overnight accommodation in Hampshire, a day at Thruxton with a meet & greet with Tiff Needell & then off for a pie & a pint with him, for two people. It went for £600. I’d have bid, but being new to BEV’s I was honestly concerned about getting from Teesside to Hampshire on battery power alone.
I guess, if I feel this way about a loaner for 48 hrs what hope do I have in real world ownership?
Until the infrastructure is sorted I’ll bide my time. The Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid really interests me but let’s be honest, the fuel economy, or zero emissions isn’t the driving factor for me. 680hp anyone? :evil:
Last edited by smithy37 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

smithy37 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:14 am At an F1 charity dinner I was at last night there was an auction prize of 48 hours in a Tesla X, overnight accommodation in Hampshire, a day at Thruxton with a meet & greet with Tiff Needell & then of for a pie & a pint with him, for two people. It went for £600. I’d have bid, but being new to BEV’s I was honestly concerned about getting from Teesside to Hampshire on battery power alone.
I guess, if I feel this way about a loaner for 48 hrs what hope do I have in real world ownership?
Until the infrastructure is sorted I’ll bide my time. The Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid really interests me but let’s be honest, the fuel economy, or zero emissions isn’t the driving factor for me. 680hp anyone? :evil:
Had a brief drive of the Cayenne Hybrid last Friday and really impressed. Far too big for our needs but being a member of the coming driveless underclass a hybrid would appear to be the best option until, as you say, the infrastructure and/or the charging options become better developed.

Having said that I’m sure Peteski will explain how it all works. But without the knowledge that experience brings Im sure we all can clearly understand your concerns.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

There’s a review of the Cayenne Hybrid in today’s ST. All complimentary and with an interesting postscript about the crazy taxation situation.

0DD6DE2B-0A77-4C2C-922A-3F30D8244B20.jpeg

VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Fascinating piece that Dandock, thanks for sharing.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Interesting Twitter feed yesterday from political journo, Isabel Hardman, about how her day was ruined by the failure of the charging points at 2 service stations, on route to some book festival she was due to be speaking at. The last time I had range anxiety, was riding a motorbike in Wales, on a Sunday, back in the early 90's!
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Cheers for the post Mike.

:D
I have always wondered what it was like to be a piriah.

Seems like some of us Porsche SUV drivers are one 2x over, first for £60+ and then for having a gas guzzler.

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

nsm3 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:06 pm Interesting Twitter feed yesterday from political journo, Isabel Hardman, about how her day was ruined by the failure of the charging points at 2 service stations, on route to some book festival she was due to be speaking at. The last time I had range anxiety, was riding a motorbike in Wales, on a Sunday, back in the early 90's!
:lol: Yes, just read that piece. Fortunate that, unlike normal mortals, she had help close enough to help. God bless Ecotricity for their diligence. :evil: All very comforting.

I wonder how Forest Green Rovers get to away games?
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:45 pm Cheers for the post Mike.

Seems like some of us Porsche SUV drivers are one 2x over, first for £60+ and then for having a gas guzzler.

You’d best stick to an electric bike, Col. :lol:

And I’d be well advised to teach Mrs D to ride a bike. Camping holidays via tandem: she’d love that :o
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

johnd wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm Rearguard action from big oil? Not going to do much good though - it's not as if there's a shortage of sites to install chargers. Reminds me of:

"The horse is here to stay but the automobile is only a novelty – a fad.” — President of the Michigan Savings Bank advising Henry Ford’s lawyer, Horace Rackham, not to invest in the Ford Motor Company, 1903
The horse was around for thousands of years before the Model T. It will still be there long after the last electric car has lost its spark too.

I look forward to the long queues at the public chargers, if they're working, when the bad tempers break out while the BEV drivers are impatiently waiting their turn.....in yawnsville! :lol: _
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:51 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:45 pm Cheers for the post Mike.

You’d best stick to an electric bike, Col. :lol:

And I’d be well advised to teach Mrs D to ride a bike. Camping holidays via tandem: she’d love that :o
Oh no.

I’m an Engineer, no electric bike, a motorised mobility scooter with upgraded 4wd and a 100 battery pack and Lucifer mode. :twisted:
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags