Silverstone

The place to discuss everything else..
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:57 pm
VanB wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:22 pm Going next week (29th) for my 911 GTS 4 session. Although I've been 4 times before I will still look forward to the coaching and understanding what this particular car can do.
Enjoy, VanB! And pics are always appreciated on here! :)
The camera on my iPhone is pretty temperamental but I'll do my best

I could take it to be looked at but I use it for phone calls and e-mails so the camera is relatively unimportant to me
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Spud

Post by Spud »

smithy37 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:52 am
Spud wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:56 am I'm down there tomorrow 21st for the day with Mrs Spud, if anyone going be good to say Hi
Please let me know if you spot any new Cayenne’s down there. Official UK launch isn’t until the 24th of April but you never know.
When I first went there, there were a handful of 918’s doing the track with potential billionaire customers being wined & dined (probably not wined). That was before the holy trinity had ever been dreamt up.
No didn’t see the new Cayenne, drove every car there , my favourite was the new Panamera Tourisimo Hybrid, what a car loved everything about it 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Thanks Spud. Was it the Turbo S E-Hybrid or the standard E-Hybrid you loved? Sport Turismo sure is a looker
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Radas.Rob wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:39 pm We are going in April with a few friends, been 3 times now and had a great experience each time. I love the look on everyones face at break when they come in from the first session. We are taking out the 911 GTS 4 and Cayman s one session in each, I did this last time with Rob and had a real blast. I believe he has retired which is sad I was hoping to get him again.
Have a great time Spud.
I drove a C4GTS last year during my range day, a totally awesome car yet very impractical as an only car in the household.

Everthing it can do is in excess of my driving skills as proved when an Instructor in a Macan Turbo PP caught me up on the main handling circuit.

One tip for anyone going to the PEC, totally avoid the run up to and run down after the F1 race as the acceleration straights and the low friction handling circuit are used by the F1 people and hence not available for us to use. Went last year and it also took 3/4 hour to go through security to get into the circuit ring road to the PEC.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Spud

Post by Spud »

smithy37 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:06 pm Thanks Spud. Was it the Turbo S E-Hybrid or the standard E-Hybrid you loved? Sport Turismo sure is a looker
Standard E Hybrid, fabulous to look at and drive, if my circumstances were different I would definitely have one, crazy thing is I didn’t get to drive a GTS Macan and still haven’t, mines meant to be here early April so I hope I don’t regret it as the SD is driving like a dream 😜
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Caster

Post by Caster »

PEC for me tomorrow morning - now what shall I try and drive 🤔

I've been driving my SD for 18 months so might try and avoid that. Doesn't sound like new Cayenne around so snookered there - maybe one of petrol Macans or a 911- will see how it goes 👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Caster wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:20 pm PEC for me tomorrow morning - now what shall I try and drive 🤔

I've been driving my SD for 18 months so might try and avoid that. Doesn't sound like new Cayenne around so snookered there - maybe one of petrol Macans or a 911- will see how it goes 👍
Be careful driving the 911. Thats what I drove when last at Silverstone and you see where that ended :shock:
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Caster

Post by Caster »

Rab J wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 pm Be careful driving the 911. Thats what I drove when last at Silverstone and you see where that ended :shock:
Thanks Rab j - I might just sit in the Centre and let the Good Lady try a Boxster 🙂
Dave

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Caster wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:36 pm
Rab J wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 pm Be careful driving the 911. Thats what I drove when last at Silverstone and you see where that ended :shock:
Thanks Rab j - I might just sit in the Centre and let the Good Lady try a Boxster 🙂
Expensive.

There again driving any Porsche results in Iwantoneohosbadly
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Caster

Post by Caster »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:33 am
Caster wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:36 pm
Expensive.

There again driving any Porsche results in Iwantoneohosbadly
"Phew" - managed to get away cheaply as no Boxster available for the Good Lady or 911 for me 👍

911's spinning on water hill in front + just a boring drive up with no probs in Macan + managed to blow one off on circuit then recorded 50 mpg on journey back to Leeds averaging over 60 mph - what a great motor! 👍

Nice grub + memento pic below.

IMG_20180326_134807352-EFFECTS.jpg

Dave