Reducing ‘car anxiety’

The place to discuss everything else..
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

A strange phenomenon has happened. I’ve unexpectedly found that I feel significantly less stress about using and parking my new QF than I did with the Macan. I can only assume it’s a combination of these things:

1. I didn’t spend months speccing it and waiting for it, which means that it doesn’t feel so completely personal to me.

2. I bought it 3 months old - there are already a few signs of wear that I didn’t do (e.g. scratches on the metal door plate from getting in an out) so you don’t have the stress of doing the first bit of damage yourself.

3. An Alfa just doesn’t seem quite so precious as a Porsche for some reason, even though this car is worth more than the one I sold.

4. It is smaller, particularly in width so easier to squeeze through gaps and into parking spots.

It’s quite a nice feeling that it can just be enjoyed without too much worry, especially given that it is parked on the road and left for long patches of time without being driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Hawkeye on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Good news, Hawkeye! It's red, it's Italian, it's more exotic and it's less worrying to own!

Win, win, win, win! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

I like that idea. Then again, I have always been incredibly OCD about my cars and it's paintwork. The photos you posted look amazing btw
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Thanks Nosmo. As it happens, I’d vowed not to get this car detailed, but already have it booked in for enhancement detail and ceramic coating. Couldn’t live with the fine scratches in the top coat of the paint. Hopefully it will look even better after that!
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

It will look amazing come summer. It would also be more of an incentive to wash your car to get the sparkle back...
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Sounds like a fun car - can relate to smaller being more comfortable to live with - perhaps a bit of a Q car in that only those that know will recognise it for the performance car it is (even in red) ;)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Ferdie wrote:Sounds like a fun car - can relate to smaller being more comfortable to live with - perhaps a bit of a Q car in that only those that know will recognise it for the performance car it is (even in red) ;)
Q car is probably right. I’ve only ever seen one Giulia on the road and not a QF. I’ve had so many people already asking what it is.

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I had to look it up on Autocar they said "Few car makers inspire such unwavering loyalty and enthusiasm from those who purchase their products as Alfa Romeo " I think that means they are fun,!
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Ferdie wrote:I had to look it up on Autocar they said "Few car makers inspire such unwavering loyalty and enthusiasm from those who purchase their products as Alfa Romeo " I think that means they are fun,!
This is an interesting article. Says it all about the car.

https://www.whatcar.com/awards/best-spo ... adrifoglio

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

"Car anxiety" is probably the worst thing about owning a Porsche