Poor Porsche Performance

The place to discuss everything else..
happy days

Post by happy days »

I have to report a major failing in my Porsche this afternoon.

It's pouring down and blowing a gale here in Sunny Northern Ireland today. I took my Porsche Martini Racing umbrella out for the short dash to the bank and on returning, while facing into a stiff headwind, the umbrella collapsed as if closing up and I got wet. It's one of those PDK umbrellas where you just press the button in the grip to put it up, not manual where it clicks into place.

Do you think it's worth reporting to my OPC? Would a warranty claim be necessary?
Macan S D
718 S

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Optional baptism feature? :o :)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

happy days wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:48 pm Do you think it's worth reporting to my OPC? Would a warranty claim be necessary?
I've had this with other brands - If you have had it regularly serviced as per Porsche service schedule then you may get luck if also the original owner?

"Genuine Porsche 100 cloudburst service - £340+VAT at current rate"

Worth a shot? :lol:

James
VanB

Post by VanB »

I believe, as posted elsewhere, that Porsche don't carry spare parts for a PDK umbrella and that, if you have a leak you need to pay to have it investigated.

Shoddy workmanship and should be covered under warranty IMO
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I have a VW one although apparently I need to return it to my dealer for rework as it may currently let a little more rain past than previously claimed.
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

I think you should reject the item on the basis that it doesn't meet your standards...hopefully they have something on order that meets your spec...don't want you to be delayed due to the factory shutdown...

perhaps they can supply a wind stopper jacket and a good GFV for when it's time to replace?
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Definitely not in line with the standards set by the brand. But not warrantied for anything other than German rain.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Summer or winter umbrella?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

I’ve heard there is a facelift umbrella coming with no button, should I buy now or wait for the facelift?
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do you want to change your signature to Mary Poppins ?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags