French trip on the weekend

The place to discuss everything else..
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

SRDL wrote:Slightly off topic, but has anyone had a problem finding a suitable place for the toll tag on the standard Macan windscreen? I know some cars with some screens can be a problem with the screen interrupting the signal from the box.
I had mine directly next to the rear view mirror on the left hand side of it. I covered about 4K miles in France with it and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Hawkeye wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 pm
SRDL wrote:Slightly off topic, but has anyone had a problem finding a suitable place for the toll tag on the standard Macan windscreen? I know some cars with some screens can be a problem with the screen interrupting the signal from the box.
I had mine directly next to the rear view mirror on the left hand side of it. I covered about 4K miles in France with it and it worked perfectly.

I was recommended by, I think, a French forum member, to simply hold the widget against the screen - no sticky residue or whatever.
It seemed to work most of the time. As I said earlier we had a couple of issues but don’t know where the fault lay - in holding the widget or with the reader.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I can confirm, just holding it to the left of the rear view mirror in the dotted area, and you will have no problems even going through the 30kmph drive trough... Mine is from APRR.
Dandock wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:01 pm

I was recommended by, I think, a French forum member, to simply hold the widget against the screen - no sticky residue or whatever.
It seemed to work most of the time. As I said earlier we had a couple of issues but don’t know where the fault lay - in holding the widget or with the reader.
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Same location and no problem at all.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD
happy days

Post by happy days »

We have tolls here in Ireland and with the amount of work miles I do, I have a barrier lifter gadget. Upon swopping cars a few times, the adhesive tape became, well, un-adhesive and the transmitter used to fall into the dash. So I just held it up against the screen, except at one stubborn incident when it refused to work. The booth lady told me they are quite sensitive to the way round they are positioned; they need to be upright at all times.
Macan S D
718 S