Have driven the new Cayenne

The place to discuss everything else..
Trosley

Post by Trosley »

After spending months of looking at the new Cayenne video reviews, I finally got to drive one yesterday. The Cayenne that I tried was the base model with standard suspension and seemed to have plenty of power on tap. The 3.0-litre engine was unbelievably smooth and the car seemed extremely well planted on the road. My immediate impression was a feeling of superiority on the road combined with limo-like comfort. It was much quieter than I was expecting, so would make a long journey extremely pleasant and effortless. Getting in an out seemed easier than the Macan since I prefer to have the seat fairly high and have to dip my head each time I go through the door. To me, the driving feel had the nimbleness of the Macan combined with the luxurious feel of the Panamera and really didn't feel any bigger on the road than the Macan apart from a bit more space inside the car. The new display is incredible but I didn't play with it so I can't really comment on how easy to use. All in all, I was very impressed and can only imagine that my new Cayenne S, that is currently in or just through production and supposed to be arriving next month (fingers crossed), will be absolutely awesome .... I can't wait!!!
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Sounds good. :D :D :D

Remember to post some photos of your new Cayenne.
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Trosley wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 am After spending months of looking at the new Cayenne video reviews, I finally got to drive one yesterday. The Cayenne that I tried was the base model with standard suspension and seemed to have plenty of power on tap. The 3.0-litre engine was unbelievably smooth and the car seemed extremely well planted on the road. My immediate impression was a feeling of superiority on the road combined with limo-like comfort. It was much quieter than I was expecting, so would make a long journey extremely pleasant and effortless. Getting in an out seemed easier than the Macan since I prefer to have the seat fairly high and have to dip my head each time I go through the door. To me, the driving feel had the nimbleness of the Macan combined with the luxurious feel of the Panamera and really didn't feel any bigger on the road than the Macan apart from a bit more space inside the car. The new display is incredible but I didn't play with it so I can't really comment on how easy to use. All in all, I was very impressed and can only imagine that my new Cayenne S, that is currently in or just through production and supposed to be arriving next month (fingers crossed), will be absolutely awesome .... I can't wait!!!
May I ask from which OPC did you get a test drive and was this linked to the launch event?
Do you have a build date for your Cayenne S?
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Trosley wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 am After spending months of looking at the new Cayenne video reviews, I finally got to drive one yesterday. The Cayenne that I tried was the base model with standard suspension and seemed to have plenty of power on tap. The 3.0-litre engine was unbelievably smooth and the car seemed extremely well planted on the road. My immediate impression was a feeling of superiority on the road combined with limo-like comfort. It was much quieter than I was expecting, so would make a long journey extremely pleasant and effortless. Getting in an out seemed easier than the Macan since I prefer to have the seat fairly high and have to dip my head each time I go through the door. To me, the driving feel had the nimbleness of the Macan combined with the luxurious feel of the Panamera and really didn't feel any bigger on the road than the Macan apart from a bit more space inside the car. The new display is incredible but I didn't play with it so I can't really comment on how easy to use. All in all, I was very impressed and can only imagine that my new Cayenne S, that is currently in or just through production and supposed to be arriving next month (fingers crossed), will be absolutely awesome .... I can't wait!!!
Sounds an improvement over the old cayenne. The previous gen one I had for 2 days earlier this month was nothing great despite the air and pasm.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:54 pm
Sounds an improvement over the old cayenne. The previous gen one I had for 2 days earlier this month was nothing great despite the air and pasm.
Yeah I was pretty underwhelmed too with several weekend demos in the previous gen Cayenne diesel. It was okay, but not exactly amazing in any respect. It totally put me off buying one at the time as I couldn't see what all the fuss was about.
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

The previous Cayenne D was rubbish compared with the Petrol S.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

I took my Macan in for service today and received a new Cayenne (29XX miles) as a loaner. The things I observed
include the following:

- it got about the same fuel economy as my Macan Turbo

- it's an 8-speed

- the Bose system does not even come close to the Burmester

- I got my phone to pair, but the PCM refused to play TuneIn stored music files on the phone that I always
play when I'm driving the Macan (?!?)

- it's taller - getting in/out. Without A/S, there's no LOW ride height setting

- no air suspension - ride was pretty firm.

- using the auto start/stop, there's no coasting mode like the Macan has (?!?)

- quiet - as noted above. This loaner does not have PSE (as my car does)

General impression - pretty nice! The sticker in the glove box indicated a suggested retail of $73K US.

...I'll keep my Macan :lol: