GT3 Scottish Highlands Trip

The place to discuss everything else..
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

After collecting the car in mid March I had managed to do 120 miles before we set off with 11 other Porsches last Friday including a friends Miami Blue GT3 that he had only collected the day before from Porsche Kendal.

The 3 day trip included driving past Loch Lomond on Friday uptown our base in Fort William. On Saturday our 320 mile journey on A roads covered the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness and part of the NC500 before heading back to Fort William. The Saturday trip had us encounter a road block by the local Police after there were a few reports of 'swiftly moving' Porsches and we were pulled in to have a quiet word (but no further action as they appreciated we weren't driving like lunatics) :shock:

Sunday we headed down towards home via Oban then back towards Loch Lomond and past Glasgow and down the M74.

Overall 750 miles covered in 3 days with the car still being run in and the revs being controlled as much as possible, and the verdict is the GT3 Touring is an animal waiting to be unleashed at every opportunity with sublime handling and performance that is in most cases too fast for UK roads if driven quickly.

The weather on Friday was wet on the way up but by the evening the sun was out and Saturday was perfect driving conditions with plenty of sunshine that thankfully carried on through Sunday. The car didn't get washed until I got home and some of the roads were of a poor standard and following cars closely and quickly did throw stones and gravel up and the car would have suffered some gravel rash if it was not for the PPF fitted to the full front end and the sides. In my opinion the PPF has paid for itself already and I am 100% happy that I got it done, otherwise I think I would have had a few stone chips on the car by now :)

I hope you like a small sample of the pictures taken over the 3 days.

Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

What a trip and great pictures. The car still looks fantastic. Fab to see the good natured picture with the police at the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Great rip and pictures. An£ nice to see plod joining in the fun. 👍👮🏼‍♂️
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Martin,

Sounds like a brilliant trip! :) The photos are great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Haha, thanks for sharing, Martin, brilliant last photo!

Does your good lady enjoy driving the GT3? 😃
The car does look good with the grey & yellow decals, very stylish. 👍🏼
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Obviously a great trip, great pics too. Were the tyres marks on the car park left by you doing doughnuts? :lol:

Loved the picture with your new Plod friends. Reminds me of the time years ago when I was in a group of bikers pulled over in mid Wales. We were riding legally but, in those days, the Welsh forces were actively engaged on a policy of persecuting all motorcyclists in an attempt to discourage them from visiting Wales. Following a change of Chief Constable the policy switched to one of communication and education and the whole atmosphere was transformed. Compliance was much better, collisions and injuries dropped and the media got bored and left to go and make mischief elsewhere.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Some nice cars there Martin, looks like a fun group and I'm sure the Talisker visit was rewarding even with your limited luggage capability :lol:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
VanB

Post by VanB »

Great pictures and also good to hear that plod were behaving sensibly. Thanks for sharing
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

That must have been a great sound hearing that lot roar by.
Out of interest how come there’s a random aerial picture? Did one of you go by helicopter? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Fantastic pictures. I love your car.
Can I ask though, did the police steal the bonnet stripes as they are missing on one of the pictures?
:o :lol:
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):