Dash cams

The place to discuss everything else..
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:53 am
nsm3 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:08 am I recently got a Nextbase unit from Argos. Mounted up tight to the rear view mirror, doesn't obscure anything, cables virtually hidden, up along headlining, sits nicely in a groove at top of A-pillar trim, down rubber door seals, back into groove at bottom of A-pillar, under glovebox, under gearbox tunnel trim and into central armrest socket.

Only visible parts are the two bits that sit inside the A-pillar grooves and you have to look for them to see them.

10 mins start to finish, no tools.
Argos list 8 x different ones. Which Nextbase model did you buy and are you pleased with its operation and video performance?
I bought the 512GW, which wifi connects to the iPhone for viewing film segments. It works well enough for my purposes, which is to avoid crash for cash frauds or general oncoming tomfoolery that may cost me money. Hopefully, I will never need it?

You need to add a memory card to the costs, to enable decent volume of filming.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S

SRDL

Post by SRDL »

I have a 412GW and generally echo nsm3’s comments
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

It’s about time car manufacturers offered built in dash cams as options. Road sign recognition cameras are already available and could be used to record data.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Mistertoad wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:43 am It’s about time car manufacturers offered built in dash cams as options. Road sign recognition cameras are already available and could be used to record data.
Yes, Porsche could put £50 worth of additional components into a car and then charge £750 as an extra for it would be about par.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I had a rear and front facing camera installed professionally as I did not want dangling wires on display.
The wiring is hidden and I didn’t need to worry about turning it on / off or removing it each time I exited the vehicle.

Much more expensive but depends on how convenience and tidiness rates on your agenda.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver