EV future and Porsche

The place to discuss everything else..
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

An interesting piece on BBC News today about whether Tesla will survive financially
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43966754
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!

VanB

Post by VanB »

Tesla - the most shorted company on the Dow. Will it survive? Only if mainstream manufacturers fail to come up with viable alternatives which, unfortunately for Tesla, I think they will and not only viable but better
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

VanB wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:30 pm Tesla - the most shorted company on the Dow. Will it survive? Only if mainstream manufacturers fail to come up with viable alternatives which, unfortunately for Tesla, I think they will and not only viable but better
And their shares fell another 5% after hours yesterday.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Alfa Romeo designed and built the Giulia from the ground up in 2.5 years to take advantage of Ferrari expertise before they IPO’d.

Whilst I’m sure that this has led to some imperfections that they are ironing out in production, it shows what can be done in a short time if needed.

With 4 years and with Porsche’s expertise, who knows what’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

VanB wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:30 pm Tesla - the most shorted company on the Dow. Will it survive? Only if mainstream manufacturers fail to come up with viable alternatives which, unfortunately for Tesla, I think they will and not only viable but better
Market "analysts" don't know anything other than shit talking, so I never take any notice of that.

I think Tesla will survive as long as they keep making desirable, forward thinking products, but nothing is certain and there is no guarantee that the mainstream industry will catch up in the premium EV market. They have a an awful lot of legacy baggage to deal with first and they are only just starting to dip their toes in the EV market. This assumption that they will automatically be better EVs has little foundation, but it is a great marketing tool for them to use against Tesla. Badges do sell cars for sure.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I was literally just watching Musk on Bloomberg slamming ‘boring, bonehead analyst questions’. I have watched a few videos behind the scenes with Elon Musk recently and he definitely looks like he is a man under pressure, but he’s a tremendous visionary in so many areas in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Peteski wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:20 am
Market "analysts" don't know anything other than shit talking, so I never take any notice of that.

I think Tesla will survive as long as they keep making desirable, forward thinking products, but nothing is certain and there is no guarantee that the mainstream industry will catch up in the premium EV market. They have a an awful lot of legacy baggage to deal with first and they are only just starting to dip their toes in the EV market. This assumption that they will automatically be better EVs has little foundation, but it is a great marketing tool for them to use against Tesla. Badges do sell cars for sure.
Peteski - Analysts aside, Tesla is a ponzi scheme. I have said it before and will say so again. Anyone with a deposit down on a model 3 for delivery in 2525 should ask for their money back now. Musk might be a visionary but that won't save the company from running out of money. At this stage Model 3 depositors look vulnerable....
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

+1. And now Musk has announced Model Y, Tesla's 2nd SUV based on the Model 3 platform. So don't hold your breath on a delivery date....
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

SAC1 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:59 pm +1. And now Musk has announced Model Y, Tesla's 2nd SUV based on the Model 3 platform. So don't hold your breath on a delivery date....
+2 ...and what better way to address a potential funding crisis than to start taking a new line in deposits from the fanbase.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I do wonder if Tesla will be the next DeLorean? What would a Tesla look like with a flux capacitor fitted :lol:
Last edited by Rab J on Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50